• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna God's needed 102" issues..

sitting duck 616

Nov 2, 2013
des moines, ia
Well as i lost all day trying i failed to understand if i'm having ground or reflect issues..

My swr is way out there but when i touch the antenna my swr is 1.1.1
20141115_130916_zpsk2hukejf.jpg

You sir - are resonant.

I'm only a demi-god but if you detail out your vehicle, what type of mount and where and how you have the whip mounted we may be able to help.

Reactions: Marconi
IIRC - A quarter wave antenna/108 inch requires ground planes to be implimented at a ~45 degree down angle to have an ideal means to conduct that radiated current in phase so there is little return wave reflection measured with your SWR meter.

So the answers all fall in the proper installation and keeping with this model idea. Where it varies from that model is where problems occur.

Reactions: Lil'Yeshua
Using a cell phone sucks...

That's not all that sucks. Not to be offensive but you could not have possibly picked a more inappropriate spot to mount an antenna. First the base is elevated too far above ground but that is the least of the issues. It is placed too far below the top of the cab and has far too much metal from the tractor cab blocking it. Couple a trailer onto that puppy and things are going to change drastic again. Which way I cannot say. If...I say IF the SWR goes down that is because the trailer detuned it and once the trailer is connected there is virtually NO place that is not blocked and the coverage will be measured in fractions of a mile rather than miles.

Reactions: Robb and Dipole
I see the problem. It's yor pogo stick it is not a ground, the center post is insulated. Bolt a bird perch to the bottom of the headache rack or the side or the chain box & slide a tennis ball on the antenna so it don't bang against it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.