• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

astatic antennas

S

santa55

hmmm i though i read somewhere that they were good antenns... but thanks for the info seamaster 111...and i'll keep that in mind about paying for the shipping...

santa

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p067.ezboard.com/bworldwidecbradioclub.showUserPublicProfile?gid=santa55>santa55</A> at: 2/21/05 5:55 am

Spiderman would a 5' wilson silverload work as good? i have a bit of a height thing going on...its mounted on the back bar of a day cab semi...8' 9" from ground to bracket then 5' up total 13' 9" i have to watch some low bridges in ill.. take care

santa cdx 275

</p>

Thanks Coax Killer...yes so far it works great but I always wonder if something might work just a little bit better...

santa

</p>

Tks Spiderman 5095...I do run my coax under the driver side of the cab and up through the door hinges... i use 18' of rg 142...the antenna is mounted about 4 to 6" behind driver on stainless steel grab bar...and mounting bracket grd. to frame...total height 13"9" and is 8" above top cab fairing and 3 to 4" above van trailer...Coax Killer did you see any difference on tx/rx when useing the 5' to 7' wilson silverload?

Thanks for all the help

santa

</p>

iv'e had one for 3 years now, the set screws rusted after the first winter' changed them for stainless steal ones. i didn't care for the windload as a mobile and my 6 year old wilson rx/tx/ better. i now use this for my local verticle on a home brewed ground plane. i range about 10 miles mounted 18 feet above the ground. swr is 1.4:1 on all 40 channels.

tks for the info. rfoverlord...i have a wilson 2000 with 10" shaft...but not sure if that's just long enough over the top of the cab...coil is just to the top of cab not over...antenna i mounted on the driver side mirrow...i could use a 15" lenght shaft if that might work better? or longer whip...

santa

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.