• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Astatic d104 handheld

Ok I was just wondering I have a 636 and love it. Also the stock mic on the stryker gets good reports all the time. I was just seeing if it would work in my big truck or leave as a base mic with your help it will stay on my base
I've run the d104-m6b in a big truck and found in the best noise conditions with that mic turned almost off it still would pickup too much background noise but I did find that most people I asked over the air prefered the turner rk-56 over the astatic 636-l and who are you trying to please anyway? right the other guy because he's the one who has to listen to your big engine roar. :laugh:

I've run the d104-m6b in a big truck and found in the best noise conditions with that mic turned almost off it still would pickup too much background noise but I did find that most people I asked over the air prefered the turner rk-56 over the astatic 636-l and who are you trying to please anyway? right the other guy because he's the one who has to listen to your big engine roar. :laugh:

You right!
That is -after all- the bottom line.
It is always a question as to how well someone else hears you and how well you can be understood.

You right!
That is -after all- the bottom line.
It is always a question as to how well someone else hears you and how well you can be understood.
You're gonna see a lower modulation level with the sound dampening style mics but that's why god gave you a mic gain knob on the radio which should be more than adequate in most situations.

it sounds like your hooked on the noise cancelling mic idea,that being said get the skythumper.its louder than the rk56 ,20 dollars cheaper(26.95 on sale)and it does have noise cancelling.i dont know anyone that tried one that didnt like it .but everyones different.

the road devil.....well...i,m no fan.i think they sound bassy.some guys like them but they just arent all that good in my opinion.i have used alot of mics but always come back to the d104m6b or the skythumper.a rk56 made by telex corp is good too.i dont know whos making the current ones these days?

have you decided yet?

rd104

ive had two rd104s bought one 12 years ago all it did was squeel on anything i put it on ,,, so years later i bought another thinking they fixed the problem ,,, no such luck 100 bucks wasted down the tubes i use a 636 or a rk 56 just as loud and no squeel

I ran the hand held d104 in a Mack Vision without one complaint on backround noise. The Vision is nice, and quiet as far as trucks go though. I guess it would depend on the truck, and audio setup. If you like to run with the window down, you should try another mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.