• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Best place to buy a ic-7000?

bad reports in service? I guess as long as the radio appears on my door step, what difference would it make? I don't know how Icom would want to deal with any warranty issues, but I assume I would be dealing with them, and not HRO.

In the end, I'd have to pay the 'use' tax anyway, so it would be cool to have it in hand, but for $1299+$108...

I'll let them know and if I can't walk out with it for the $1250, I'll get it someplace else online.

You only pay sales tax if one of there stores is in your State.I did not have to pay sales tax and did get the 7000 for 1249.95 shipped total price with free seperation kit. I checked my slip.

Shop around you will find a good deal and dont hesitate in getting a 7000, Did I say I love it :LOL: .

I sent my mic to Bob at http://www.7000mic.com/ even with good reports to see what it will do after the Mod.

Although HRO is not the cheapest place, I deal solely with them for service and really quick shipping. Most times next day. HRO price for the 7000 is 1299.95 with free separation kit until 12/31. Free shipping. Nice radio, Hope to hear you end up with it.

I would like to know what you are asking for rigblaster pro if it is for sale
you can contact me at DAVIDDdforge@aol.com
thanks
David

Although HRO is not the cheapest place, I deal solely with them for service and really quick shipping. Most times next day. HRO price for the 7000 is 1299.95 with free separation kit until 12/31. Free shipping. Nice radio, Hope to hear you end up with it.

COULD YOU TELL THE PRICE OF YOU RIGBLASTER PRO IF YOU ARE PLANING TO SELL. YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT DAVIDDdforge@aol.com
THANKS
DAVID

Even if HRO ships it to you and your state has sales tax, they will still charge you the sales tax. IF I'm not mistaken. I have also heard bad things about the Cali store. You may be better off calling the store in Nevada. If you call the store, they will ship from which ever store you call(if they have it in stock)otherwise it will come from which ever store has what you need. If you order off the internet, it will also come from the store that is either closest or has it in stock. Don't get me wrong. I love HRO but, just wanted to let you know about the bad reports from Cali. Good luck

HRO doesn't have a store in Nevada unless it's VERY new. There are several HROs in California.

There is an AES store in Las Vegas.

One 7000 tip. Be _very_ careful with the jacks in the back of the rig. Don't allow any strain on the connectors and don't lean on any connectors while connected.

The jacks are hard wired to the circuit boards with pretty much no shock protection at all and it is a very common issue with the 7000 to have cracked boards or broken solder joints due to people installing with connectors under tension.

Outside of that caveat, it's a great rig. The filtering on it is amazing and if you feed audio directly into the data jack on the back, the sound quality on SSB is fantastic. You can get very full range audio with these rigs.

Oh and don't bother with the TV mod, it will be a dead issue in just a few weeks when all analog broadcasts cease to exist.

...if you feed audio directly into the data jack on the back, the sound quality on SSB is fantastic. You can get very full range audio with these rigs...

After exchanging a few emails with Bob (Heil) that's exactly what I ended up doing. I'm running a GM4 mic through an ART V3 Studio preamp and inject the signal into the radio through the ACC jack. Future plans include the addition of an eq, but with all the unsolicited compliments on the audio quality I'm in no hurry. (y)

WR0220 and SR385,

so what do I need for this set up to inject the audio through the ACC jack?

sounds like a good deal for better quality, not like mine dont sound good but Iif I can get it even better what the heck.

AP

The way I set mine up I use a female 4 pin XLR to male 3 pin XLR cable to connect the mic to the preamp. Depending on which mic, a 3 pin to 3 pin cable may be required. From the preamp I use a female 3 pin XLR to 13 pin DIN that plugs into the ACC jack of the ic7000. I bought a 13 pin DIN cable (Timewave #40570) and wired the XLR connector onto it. If you use the same cable then pin 2 (brown) and shield of the DIN are ground and connect to pins 1 (shield) & 3 (audio -) of the XLR plug. I trimmed the brown wire shorter then the shield, soldered them both to pin 3 then used the extra length of the shield as a jumper to pin 1. Pin 11 (pink) is used for the audio + and goes to pin 2 of the XLR plug. To key the radio I have a cable plugged into the mic input of the radio with a hand PTT switch. Another way to do this would be to use the stock handheld mic (you are only using the PTT circuit) but you may want to disable the element so it doesn't pick up ambient noise. I tried to keep this short and sweet but understandable...lol...if you want a more detailed description email me at twentytwo-zero at hotmail dot com

Couple notes for feeding into the back of a rig.

Watch your ground isolation or you'll get hums.

Watch your levels, some rigs don't properly indicate your drive when you are doing this, though I'm pretty sure the Icoms do.

Though it isn't necessary, I would strongly recommend using a compressor in the audio chain before you feed the rig. Properly applied it controls your signal level and is the most effective improvement on TX audio you can do, followed by EQ and a noise gate to kill background noise between syllables.

For matching the audio levels and providing isolation and PTT, I just got a W2IHY I-Box. W2IHY iBox

My two favorite pre-amp and compressors so far are the Joe Meek ThreeQ and the Symetrix 528e. The Joe Meek has no noise gate, but otherwise sounds very nice and the Symetrix is very expensive new so I waited until I found a used one for about $200.

If you aren't familiar with pro-audio gear, Julius (W2IHY) has done a remarkable job with his EQ-Plus and 8-Bander, specific to ham radio use. IMO start with the EQ Plus and add the 8-band later, the EQ-Plus makes the biggest difference. They are nearly plug and play and if your rig isn't covered in his instructions, you can just call him. He's a very friendly and knowledgeable guy and is glad to help customers.

IC 7000

I picked up my Icom 7000 new with remote kit included from HRO for 1049.99 delivered when they were having a special sale around Thanksgiving 2008 .Icom had a special sale going that week I guess as AES and HRO had same price.Maybe it was an Icom day thing ....
I usually buy from RandL.com or Texastowers.com as we have known these guys for many years but the price on the website caught my attention .
I haven't had time to use it mobile yet as we plan on installing it mobile in the spring and we do plan on sending the mic down to Arkansas to get it updated.
Looks like the receiver is an improvement over my Icom 706 MKIIG we have
and a bit more complicated on the menus. Icom did their homework on this radio although I like the quick head release on my 706 for my application as we velcro the head on the dashboard and the quick release on the edge is better for me then in the middle of the head.

Is there any way you can forward some details of connecting the ART V3 to the 7000? I have my mic wired into the Art and tried using the microphone socket, but got some bad results from that. Any help you can forward would help greatly. Thanks Joe KQ4BX

After exchanging a few emails with Bob (Heil) that's exactly what I ended up doing. I'm running a GM4 mic through an ART V3 Studio preamp and inject the signal into the radio through the ACC jack. Future plans include the addition of an eq, but with all the unsolicited compliments on the audio quality I'm in no hurry. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.