• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best shop to tune

justin

justin on the fourm ask for the 50 watt mod never had one done by him but hear it is good we gone

that can surely be a loaded type question and or one sided as all hell around these parts 383 .....but I would have to say that was par for the course all the same. What area are you in ? ...You talk to guys out there on the radio ? You hear guys sounding good to your ears around where you live ? ....You might want to ask them where they got there radios worked on ? ...like your doing a survey here ,do one there. You also have round trip shipping and receiving to add to the bill if need be ....so it might not hurt to ask around where you live....you might just have a friendly do gooder right around where you live ? Variable Drive /1969 around these parts your looking at about 100.00 bucks /20 to 30 or so more for the round trip shipping ...ouch !! .....but that's what one has to pay to have things there way. IM sure all of these radio guy's mentioned are just fine and dandy. Good luck to you 383 .......and welcome to the Forum

Here's a place from which to start your search.

I would recommend against R+R in Delaware. I have personally reworked dozens of their radios, and all had the same kinds of problems with overmodulation and power fluctuation. If you read into their website, you'll find that they claim a tuned CB swings backwards (except theirs of course), and that any meter showing forward swing is lying. They even specifically tell you that they disable the AMC when they do their thing, which is a big no-no for a number of reasons.

Just my two cents....

DTB Radio said:
Here's a place from which to start your search.

I would recommend against R+R in Delaware. I have personally reworked dozens of their radios, and all had the same kinds of problems with overmodulation and power fluctuation. If you read into their website, you'll find that they claim a tuned CB swings backwards (except theirs of course), and that any meter showing forward swing is lying. They even specifically tell you that they disable the AMC when they do their thing, which is a big no-no for a number of reasons.

Just my two cents....

yeah i wouldnt get work from a guy who has a black list with almost every major shop in it .becuase u know he has a black list to make his hack shop look better

LOL.....thats funny. Last year his CBR tuned Uniden was just the greatest thing, now I guess he's a Justin follower.

This whole topic is very subjective and there are probably dozens of techs that will get high marks. Here is a list of afew I have heard good things about.

* Richard at 8541 Electronics
* One Stop Electronics
* Justin at CE
* Bob's C B in PA
* Bills 2 way
* DTB Radio
* Rolling Radios
* Mad Max's 30/469
* CBR Electronics

I suppose it all depends on what kind of work you want done as well as what radio you have. For example, I wouldn't send a 2950 to CBR for a complete alignment nor would I send Justin my S9. I'd send my Cobra 29 to CBR as well as a 2510 to Justin.

Butcher318 said:
LOL.....thats funny. Last year his CBR tuned Uniden was just the greatest thing, now I guess he's a Justin follower.

This whole topic is very subjective and there are probably dozens of techs that will get high marks. Here is a list of afew I have heard good things about.

* Richard at 8541 Electronics
* One Stop Electronics
* Justin at CE
* Bob's C B in PA
* Bills 2 way
* DTB Radio
* Rolling Radios
* Mad Max's 30/469
* CBR Electronics

I suppose it all depends on what kind of work you want done as well as what radio you have. For example, I wouldn't send a 2950 to CBR for a complete alignment nor would I send Justin my S9. I'd send my Cobra 29 to CBR as well as a 2510 to Justin.

geeez you cant even mention one of the shops that sell most of your equipment in the tristate area . Wow Russ wouldnt like that. :roll:

it been a good forum night i'm going to catch some gophers :LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.