• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best shop to tune

I've only used two on that list 1stop and Richard 8541 Electronics.
I stop screwed up my 99, had to send it to richard to fix what 1stop messed up.
They fixed my 99 up great and also did a real good job on my Lincoln.
I'll stick with 8541.

Clays had one of the best reps in the business, as well as being one of the oldest shops in the nation. VERY recently things have been changing there, and it seems like for the worse. In the past 12 months, I've had several radios come across my bench from Clay's with limiters removed. Whether they have new blood that has to be retrained or they've just decided to follow the "lemmings", I don't know. I'm hoping its just a temporary thing with them, because I used to feel comfy recommending them.

I haven't sent any radio's out to a shop in years....About 20 years ago I used to have my rigs worked on in a shop in oldtown Monterey (California) Guy by the name of Bill Harvey at Kustom Kommunications. Did a real fine job...But that was eons ago......I recently had a nice talk with Justin and sent out one of my broken 148gtl's that I got a hell of a price for......I've heard nothing but good from his work, Anybody could cut limiters, adjust VR pots and what not.....It's all about scopes, signal generators, accurate meters and knowledge.........Hopefully everything will work out great with radio, wich I'm sure it will.........73's all

if Clay will tune the radio himself its all good....BUT a few years ago he started getting more business and let some young guys in there that dont know much and dont want to listen to anyone but themselves....I will say this about Clay's...I bought a 2970 from him 7 years ago and this was his exact words after he tuned it..."if you really want it to be right take it to Bill in Ontario,CA"....lucky me I deliver there every week,,,, and now lots of Mr. Goods talent resides in Justin...8541 is also an excellent shop in NC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.