• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

best sounding "stock" mic

014Wny

Nov 16, 2011
Hello folks, Just lookin for some thoughts on a mic, I have a grant xl with the audio circut is changed drasticly.... Puttin this radio in my pickup.... Its super sensitive with this cheese ball mic wired to it, Im lookin for a good sounding "stock" mic, no power or noise canceling, as this screams already. I appreciate your thoughts! thanks! (y)

The stock Uniden (Uniden "Force") that came with my Grant XL sounds really good. A Cobra coffin mike does too. And, the Ranger SRA-158 does a good job as well.

Just curious, what kind of audio circuitry mods are you speaking of?

RT307

I am not sure, looked around, vr isnt cranked, no cut diodes, I guessing somone was changing resistors, A fellow radio friend sold it to me which he used to talk on.... He said he never touched it. And this thing sounded beautiful with just reg. mic... I just want a little smaller mic more comfy for the hand lol... thanks for the sugestions =)

73'S

Ranger SRA-158

I can vouch for the Ranger SRA-158, sounds almose as good like a RK-56 with good lows and high freq response, but with the output level of a power mic. Price is good and looks good. If you are looking to spend, however, the RK-56 is your best bet for non amplified IMO I also depends on your voice however, so up to you to try it out before buying.

I haven't tried that Ranger but I can vouch for the Heil HC-5, 5.1, 6, & 6.1 elements which are about the size of a Chiclet yet sound excellent and fit almost any size mic.
I also constantly get compliments on my audio using the Yaesu MH-1 hand mic and it has up/down & fast buttons on top which you could wire for whatever you wanted.'
It feels good in the hand and is laid out well plus it's a tough sucker, as many times as I've dropped it.
It also has a switch for normal & less bass which comes in handy for AM.

the stock mic that came with my stryker 490 is surprisingly good ....none of the tin can wind noise background....your voice is your voice ....not a five pin though i have a uniden grant xl with a 5pin rk56 ...sounds good only mic i got w/ that radio though

I can vouch for the Ranger SRA-158, sounds almose as good like a RK-56 with good lows and high freq response, but with the output level of a power mic. Price is good and looks good. If you are looking to spend, however, the RK-56 is your best bet for non amplified IMO I also depends on your voice however, so up to you to try it out before buying.

Road King 56 mics SUCK, the manufacturer should be arrested for Grand Theft Audio.
The OP did NOT want a noise cancelling mic.

hmmmm great seems the staff cannot handle the truth here either , and would choose to use a redirect to lock my view to the 2nd page of this thread ? the childish and uneducated ?
tell me bootymonster how much cum did you have to swallow to get this to happen , thats ok !

PS ; BOOTY LIKES SUCKING COCK , ENJOY IT YOU COCKSUCKERS

You out of your meds, or just forget to take them? :confused:

The SR-158 seems to work for those that don't have a a lot of bass in their voice..A local uses 1 and sounds ok but because my voice has a deep bass to it, I don't sound good on it all..

The best stock mic is the ones that use to come with the older Galaxy's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.