• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Call for Cobra 142GTL Service Info...

mister fatty that is awesome!

thanks for posting that.
im sure it will help many that are looking for this info.

you have done the forum a great service.
LC

Reactions: 3 people
Mr. Fatty - Thanks for the info!
LC sent me a PM and told me that I can blow the images that you took - so I can read what it said. So, now I have the info to work on it now. Thanks again!

This radio is an ongoing project in order to learn something about radio repair. Are there any books out there that one can recommend for a beginner? This 142GTL needs a few parts before it is considered repaired, such as a new channel display and a new power/SWR meter. I replaced the lights in it and re-routed the extra freq switches. I also had to mount the variable power knob on the front where one of the freq switches once were. It was/is a mess; but it is coming along. It works better than when I first got it - but still needs to improve. I don't know if I will keep this radio, as I have a bunch of decent radios already. Too many - really. But I will continue until I get this one right.

Thanks all!

i gotta tell you rob, "understanding and repairing CB radios" by lou franklin is about the best book you could hope for on the subject.

once you get a copy, you will see what i mean.
i cant say enough good things about that book.
it has taught me a lot.
LC

Reactions: 1 person
Anybody have a chassis top view of the Cobra 142gtl showing alignment points where they are located ??? I don't have Sams 219...

73's

I do not remember ever seeing a pge that shows all the tuning locations. samms pages shows all part locations along with the tuning positions and so jumbled up it is hard to see them.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.