• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Damage

9c1driver you gave me a good laugh as a friend of mine works for a tow company here and told me about a cavalier that had the radio velcro'd to the dash on the passenger side facing the driver...Obviously he was unaware that the passenger airbag was right under it. After the accident the destroyed radio was found hanging by the coax on the passenger fender after being ejected through the windshield.:eek: Luckily nobody was killed by this but I bet he learned the hard way. Anyway I removed the arm rest/console in my Explorer and dremel tooled the inside out of it. then mounted my radio in it and reinstalled it. Nice for me that it has a key lock like the doors have and when the lid is shut it appears there is no radio. I have since removed the radio but would advise to anywhere but the top of the dash.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.