• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Celebrate or not? Funky SWR reading

All of these are awesome points

I'm going to try and get my own swr meter and put it on my antenna
That is clearly the best way so there is no speculation

To answer the question thought, there was no recalibration to my knowledge

He went home and tested it on someother gear same way and show 3 on uhf
So I'm almost positive it was a faulty piece of gear somewhere

Ill repost when I can get my own swr. I might drive to hro myself today

I just got a Workman VHF/UHF SWR and Pwr meter for like $25 on Fleabay. It just came in today so I hooked it up and it seems to work pretty well for an el cheapo. Just an option for ya to look at for short money.

And you do need to set it correctly using the set position on the switch for each band .

I just got a Workman VHF/UHF SWR and Pwr meter for like $25 on Fleabay. It just came in today so I hooked it up and it seems to work pretty well for an el cheapo. Just an option for ya to look at for short money.

And you do need to set it correctly using the set position on the switch for each band .

Yea thats what im going to do

Good call
how does it work? I was afraid to buy a cheap one but yours works well?

Yea thats what im going to do

Good call
how does it work? I was afraid to buy a cheap one but yours works well?

I'm hoping it is doing the job, I checked my SWR and power on my mobile and base and it seems to work Ok, but I have nothing to check the results against. I'm sure its doing the job just fine.

Ok so i bought my own swr meter finally

just a little scx 40

Here is what i got
I got a nice 1.5 on 2 meters and something different on UHF

ITs a cross needle type and when the needles come up on uhf
if they were actually long enough the needles would in theroy cross a little over 2
But they cant cross because the needles are not long enough on the scale
If i put it in low power it looks like it is the exact same thing just a bit over 2 but they do cross because the forward power needle is going up so high

So can one assume its ok? is like 2.1 2.2 aceptable or no?
im going to try and post a picture

IMG_2897.jpg

And here High power

As you can see if the needles were long enough they would touch just over 2 ish

Is this acceptable

IMG_2895.jpg

kb1ugx

No pictures are shown. Can you take a picture of the setup? Do you still have the dummy load available? Do you have other coax you can use? Have you tuned the antenna yet?

SWR 2.2 won't kill anything, and I bet we can make it better.

jcm

IMG_2897.jpg

And here High power

As you can see if the needles were long enough they would touch just over 2 ish

Is this acceptable

IMG_2895.jpg
Sorry to resurrect an old thread as my first post, but may I offer a tip? In the second image (High Power) you will be able to use the meter properly by pressing the small blue button to switch the scales, at least you could see where the needles cross.

The switch will allow you to move between the 30 and 300w scales.

Regards, Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.