• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 89xlr

if it has not been done I would do it to make sure that is not what is causing you a problem. it said it kills TX and RX if it shorts the trans out.

you will need to start checking the voltages to the front end to see where you are losing it. this will keep it from transmitting.

here is the schematic. start at the PA CB switch and make sure you have about 8 volts to both sides of the switch. did you clean the switches as mentioned. why did you just now mention it did not have the leds working. I went back and read all you have posted on it. did you finish with all new electro caps.

do you have about 3 volts going to the 2 middle pins of the readout. should be the bottom pins. need to see where you are losing voltage to the led pins. have you done the D14 mod as of yet. it may be causing you to lose voltage to the front end. I searched the web looking for a voltage chart and could not find one.
does any one here on the forum have a cb124 sams book. this radio is in it. it will have the voltage chart in it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.