• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coily ,I10k ,wolf

Wow, interesting comments to be sure. Let's correct some obvious errors......

KingCobra_CDX882 said:
But Master Chief
The ONLY difference between the I-10K and the I-25K is the connector. The insulator does not add any mechanical advantage to the antenna at all.

that is a wrong statement
the Interceptor I-10K can be ordered with different connector
such as i ordered it with N connector for my andrews heliax LDF5-50A coax feed line

the difference between Jay's I10K and I25K is
I10K is only rated for 10,000 watts
I25K is rated for 25,000 watts (and usually uses N connector)
but both I10k & I25K can be ordered with desired connector(s)
The I-10K can be ordered with the UHF or N-Connector. The I-25K only comes with the 7/16 DIN connector. The N-Connector is not rated for 25K. Other than the connector change, there is NO DIFFERENCE between the I-10K and the I-25K. But I already correctly stated this. The insulator disc is also unique to the I-25K and does not add any mechanical or electrical advantage to the antenna. I wasn't wrong the first time I said it and I'm not wrong this time either.

loosecannon said:
this is what a broadcast engineer friend of mine had to say about the I-10k compared to the maco v5/8 wave antenna.
I won't include the whole message in order to save space, but the engineer's statements are foolish. The whole purpose of the loops on the Avanti Sigma 5/8, the Maco V58, and the I-10K is to get this part of the antenna out of the plane of the vertical radiating element, thus eliminating any affects of the loops/trombone. The Sigma 5/8 and the I-10K also use an elevated main radiator which has been PROVEN to have less loss than the design used by the Maco/Wilson and the HyGain Penetrator. Its true the Maco V58 is a good antenna, but it does not perform better than the I-10K. Not now, not ever.

Seminoles said:
Which one is the top one for 20-30 feet ?
The Top One is a copy of the Avanti Astro Plane antenna. It is argued that the design of the Astro Plane puts all of it energy in a 12' section allowing it to be mounted higher without breaking the 60' rule. Your standard ground plane radiates from the bottom which can be as low as 40' down from the maximum legal height. The Astro Plane is upwards of 48' while still being legal. Its an interesting concept and those antennas have worked very well for a long long time.

loosecannon said:
My complete review of the I-10K was never published at the request of the antenna maker who was kind enough to send the example for testing. If you plan to run power levels over 5 KW, or expose the antenna to 100 MPH+ winds, then the I-10K is a great choice. If you don't, the Maco V-5/8 will work better and is far less expensive.

Now where have I read this before ?

loosecannon said:
oh, and this one gave me a good laugh:

"even without skip...i can talk from east coast to west coast on a quiet channel..
talking I10K to I10K easily at distance is like talking on phone (well almost...lol)"

that is amazing, because when there is no skip, i cant hear ANY of the 100's of people running I-10k's, high gain beam antennas, or even 50,000 watts.
are they just not on the radio when i am? LOL

that was a good one!
loosecannon

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't KingCobra from "across the pond"? If so I could believe that a I10K could talk to another I10K the couple hundred miles it is across the UK without skip. Heck I've talked to a mobile over 100 miles away with my I10K without skip. Now as to which of these three antennas is better I think that's like saying who makes a better pickup Ford GM or Dodge.

Even on the standard I-10K, Steve won't guarantee 10KW if you order it with a N connector, only with a SO-239.

unit 194, you saw that on the.....penny forum. a couple hundred miles i10k to i10k? from the top of mt washington or st helens or everest maybe. with 5 or 10 KW, i can talk 'a couple hundred miles' MOBILE to an old big stick. apples to oranges if ever there was....

even eddie wolf said the maco v5/8 is a formidable competitor, IF NOT BETTER THEN the 'big 3'. my i10k & original coily matched up 1:1 as per an mfj269. my rebuilt v5/8 that would go no better then 1.2:1 and was roughly 1/2 the 2:1 bandwidth definitely was the better performera-to the ear-locally.

'UGY',
You were doing so good till you included 'Dodge' in that comparison thing! That's sort of like comparing macaroni and earth worms... same general shape, but that's it.
- 'Doc

:)

d

I personally know four people who own the Coily Enforcer groundplane antenna. They absolutely love the antenna. They all say it is the best they have ever run, and they have run most. I have owned the I-10k, very well built. Did not seem to outperform the other groundplanes I have had, at least not by much. But, built with very good materials.
I would love to own a Coily Enforcer, but at the moment - it is out of my price range.

LW

Re: d

LoneWolf TN said:
I personally know four people who own the Coily Enforcer groundplane antenna. They absolutely love the antenna. They all say it is the best they have ever run, and they have run most. I have owned the I-10k, very well built. Did not seem to outperform the other groundplanes I have had, at least not by much. But, built with very good materials.
I would love to own a Coily Enforcer, but at the moment - it is out of my price range.

LW
Hello lone wolf and Thank you! for basicly asking to be attacked in this forum for saying anything about a coily.You know i don't post on here anymore due to the massive bullying and pushing of certain products.I was going to rip into this section Just for the fun of it,but i am so busy it is pointless! I will sit back and watch the comedy of miss-information at its best.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WWW.MRCOILY.COM
Over a hundred sold..and a prepaid 20+ deep back log,must work pretty fricken good.Theres only one best antenna and it has a coil.

I won't say what happend when i tested the I-10K But none of you would like the actual test data.As long as i know then its all good and i do alot of my tests.....Say what you wish.

37472d60.jpg

i'd consider a coily-just to try it, but $450? somebody flies here & installs it for me? i understand R & D costs, but i don't need 2+ mHz bandwidth for the 2 freqs i use. $75 for a v5/8 & i got money left over to fly out to see YOU. i love it when the laws of physics get re-engineered. my maco is every bit as good as the coily.

Re: d

mrcoily said:
Hello lone wolf and Thank you! for basicly asking to be attacked in this forum for saying anything about a coily.You know i don't post on here anymore due to the massive bullying and pushing of certain products.I was going to rip into this section Just for the fun of it,but i am so busy it is pointless! I will sit back and watch the comedy of miss-information at its best.
Lone Wolf wasn't attacked.

Any "bullying" you've received is in direct relationship to how you present yourself on here. Just look at your post above to see a perfect example of the innuendos from you. Instead of making a point, your first reaction is to "rip into this section"; one thing that Jay (I-10K), Eddie (Wolf Point 64), or even Kale (P-10K) would NEVER do!

An open coil performs better than a closed coil. If your tests say otherwise, feel free to post them with your results. If your tests of the I-10K show otherwise, post them with your results. Your design has been seen before, its the Sirio Tornado. I KNOW your antenna is built better mechanically, but your electrical design is just about identical. Please prove me wrong!

Stop posting with all your innuendos that have nothing meaningful to say. Its this reason alone I would never have anything to do with your products. You are an antagonist, and its too bad.

And so we are clear, nobody attacked YOU. Everyone on here was talking about antennas. The Maco V58 gets as much if not more "air time" than the I-10K, so your argument that the I-10K is pushed on this forum is ridiculous.

I believe that Concrete Man said it best:

concretemannj said:
mrcoily said:
So what your saying is no matter what i build it is a copy. Kinda repetitive of you.If your going to talk about something you should at least know what your talking about!What does that make you?Let me tell you something,thats the first i have seen of that piece of crap.Is there a direct link to this tornado beside some old crappy drawing,i would like to see what it is i have copied.

For starters below are your specs, and the Sirio Tornado specs which you copied them almost word for word , adding you're own swr, in the exact same order from the list of Tornado's ratings. For a guy who has never seen this "Crappy" antenna nor it's website there are to many of the "exact" similarities not to say you are lying when you say you never saw this antenna. There is no other antenna made that looks like this and your's is built just like it and using their terminology. So yes to me you are a proven Liar.

You don't have to lie to sell the antenna. There is nothing wrong with saying you got the idea from looking at it. Now this is the funniest part and really gets you good you figure you will change the last sentence from the tornado's web site where it says UHF-Female, you called it a pl259 female. You even got that one wrong as it is a so-239. I am sorry for pointing out your lies but they are there in black and white and people have a right to know what type people they are dealing with.

Coily Base Antenna's specs
26-28 MHz
50 ohms unbalanced
360 omnidirectional
Polarization- vertical
Gain: 1.5 dBd
frequency coverage @ 2.5.1
2.5.1 @25.645
1.0.1 @ 27.100
2.5.1 @ 28.695
Transformer DC-ground pl259 female
Swr 1.1.1

Sirio Tornado Antenna Web sites specs
26-28 MHz
50 unbalanced
360 omnidirectional
Polarization: vertical
Gain: 1.2 dBd
Bandwidth at S.W.R. 2
Feed system / position: Transformer / base
Connector: UHF-female

If you want to see the original thread, click the link below. All of Dan's (Coily) posts were deleted for some reason. Good thing CCM posted quotes.
http://forum.worldwidedx.com/viewtopic.php?t=4008

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.