• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coming Review: Magnum 257

that white noise problem has plagued Magnum radios for a long time now (delta force, etc), I have no experience with any of the newer ones but as said I hope it is corrected

it will probably never be fixed in the magnum cpu controlled radios-alpha, delta, omega, 257. it is a problem inherent to THEIR chassis ground design due to the use of a microprocessor controlling frequency as opposed to normal phase locked loop design.

so there is no fix for white noise on the 257 like there is for the 2950DX's .

so there is no fix for white noise on the 257 like there is for the 2950DX's .

not that any of magnum's 'authorized repair centers' are claiming knowledge of. i've also been told....'what noise problem'.....ok, back to my XL for 'easy listening' then.

I suppose since the pll is serial controlled it has its own memory so if you wanted you could power down the microprocessor and still use the radio. and wire it to the freq. lock button. That is assuming the microprocessor doesn't controll the tx/rx switching. You would lose the signal meter though when powered off.

What is the white noise fix for the 2950DX?? I got one a few months back and its noisey on AM and SSB unlike my older 2950'S 2970 or my Galaxy 2527 radios. Otherwise its a great tri band radio just not as quiet of a noise floor.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.