• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CPI CP-2000 Base question

-=PEAKABOO=-

Oct 29, 2001
Does anyone know what would cause a CPI CP 2000 Base to transmit on AM while in LSB and receive in LSB mode? In am mode it will only deadkey with no audio but receives in am fine.
Thanks for any help on this rare bird.

Figured it out, now to why it is dead keying 1 watt and modulating to around 5. Anyone ever put a variable power in one of these?

I figured most of it out. It needs an alignment.
Does anyone know where a board layout is for this thing? The service manual is kind of vague as far as component location.
Thanks in advance.

I've still got a CP 2000 and never found the board layout for it.
Just tune-up info...

Even with the tune up info the make reference to adjusting l208, l209 etc. etc but I see no markings or reference as which is which.

Yep, those would help...especially someone like me...lol. Seriously though Robb - I'm looking at an original service manual and all of the components are labeled on the individual board schematics. When I bought that CPI set up from Darryle (WR954) on the other board some of the original paperwork came with it. ;)

Yep, those would help...especially someone like me...lol. Seriously though Robb - I'm looking at an original service manual and all of the components are labeled on the individual board schematics. When I bought that CPI set up from Darryle (WR954) on the other board some of the original paperwork came with it. ;)

I have a copy of the service manual, it is listed in the link above in this thread. I cannot see any listing of the said components.

I not only took the top cover off of my CPI - but the bottom cover as well - in order to see if there is any markings on the board. I found none for the tuning cans; but I did find test points marked for other parts of the procedure.

The ONLY way that I can see, is if someone has the manual that shows the locations/designations of those tuning cans and can scan them and post them on this thread.

I not only took the top cover off of my CPI - but the bottom cover as well - in order to see if there is any markings on the board. I found none for the tuning cans; but I did find test points marked for other parts of the procedure.

The ONLY way that I can see, is if someone has the manual that shows the locations/designations of those tuning cans and can scan them and post them on this thread.

Exactly my findings. I was able to find the cans for the power tune up by tracing the circuit but I really do not want to mess with it until I can get a better lay out. I sure did want to talk on this thing this weekend:unsure:

The components are labeled on the individual board schematics, but you have to squint really hard to see them. ;)

I'm not refering to the boards themselves - I'm talking about the SCHEMATICS that are located in the back of the service manual. As example, the RX-TX board schematic is broken down into stages (AM Detector, AF Amp, Peak Detector, RF AGC Amp, etc) and the individual components within those stages are labeled with a part number and (some) with a value (Q219 = 2N5461, R314=10K, etc). If you lay the schematic side by side with the board in the radio it shouldn't be that difficult to follow the schematic and find the component on the board you are looking for.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.