• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CPI CP-2000 Base question

I'm not refering to the boards themselves - I'm talking about the SCHEMATICS that are located in the back of the service manual. As example, the RX-TX board schematic is broken down into stages (AM Detector, AF Amp, Peak Detector, RF AGC Amp, etc) and the individual components within those stages are labeled with a part number and (some) with a value (Q219 = 2N5461, R314=10K, etc). If you lay the schematic side by side with the board in the radio it shouldn't be that difficult to follow the schematic and find the component on the board you are looking for.

My schematics are blurry. Kind of hard to decipher what is what in my version.

I have that one. I am just going to sit down and slowly decipher it so I can easily see what is what when I start to trace it all down.

If you can make some working diagrams of the separate locations for the coils/"L" and post it here, it would make a great future reference for others who might enounter the same dilemma.
Like me - for one - lol!

That would be 'most cool'.
Mostly...
:cool:

(y)

If you can make some working diagrams of the separate locations for the coils/"L" and post it here, it would make a great future reference for others who might enounter the same dilemma.
Like me - for one - lol!

That would be 'most cool'.
Mostly...
:cool:

Peekaboo just sent me this .pdf file with onfo for anyone who may have a CPI 2000 and needs to know the tune-up locations inside the radio.

Thanks Peek...

Attachments

• cpi2000_schematics.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 57
Peekaboo just sent me this .pdf file with onfo for anyone who may have a CPI 2000 and needs to know the tune-up locations inside the radio.

Thanks Peek...

C O R R E C T I ON :
It was WR0220 that got me the .pdf files here; not Peekaboo.
Got distracted over here...
Sorry about that mistake WR0220!
:oops:
Thank You for that effort!

LOL...no problem Robb - I've become so busy doing several things at one time that I've sent the wrong info to the wrong person...poo-poo transpires...lol. I just hope that you & Peekaboo (and others) can make use of it. When I get more time I will scan the entire manual instead of just the schematics and send a copy to ya... ;)

I was just reading that thinking, WTH. i do not remember sending him that.
It is cool though for sure, thanks WR0220(y)(y)(y)(y)

Again, thanks. Sure makes it easier

LOL...no problem Robb - I've become so busy doing several things at one time that I've sent the wrong info to the wrong person...poo-poo transpires...lol. I just hope that you & Peekaboo (and others) can make use of it. When I get more time I will scan the entire manual instead of just the schematics and send a copy to ya... ;)

Hey guys....I was searching about info on the CPI 2000 base, and ended up here!
I'm sure this is the wrong place to ask...but I'll take a shot anyway!
My Pops passed a few yrs ago, and we're finally starting to clear stuff out, and Mom is wanting to part with his old radio equipment!
Just wondering if someone might be interested in a CPI 2000 base with what I believe has all the accessories and components with it.......
Freq counter:
Watt meter:
SWR meter:
Filter:
and a couple other components that are with it!

I'm not positive on how much she was asking....but I'm sure it will be reasonable! When I find out....I will re-post! I'm just trying to connect with somebody thats familiar with the radio!
:unsure: Sorry if this isn't the right thread to post on...I'm not the sharpest knife in the cutting block! :unsure:

The radio...$275-300
Frequency counter/antenna tuner...$175-200
SWR bridge....$95-110
...more or less...

What kind of mic?
Can't tell you anything about the filter - price-wise.
Hope that helps...

You can always be a radio operator with your Dad's stuff. After all - it sounds like you have everything mentioned except the antenna and coax. You are a forum member now too. Maybe consider all of that?

Thanx for the info Robb!(y) He always enjoyed using the Silver Eagle mic...I have the Silver and the black with the gold trim lollipop forgot what model it is. I would get into it again....but just don't have the time or the place to set up a station! I used to be into it big time about 25yrs ago...man I loved shootin skip! I had a peeked & tweeked General Grant, and always had a......:whistle:....linear hooked to it! lol I have this echo mic that a friend of mine made out of a guitar reverb....you know those pedal things?
Man....its the most amazing echo mic you ever heard!!! lol

Thanks again for the info! I really didn't think it was worth as what you quoted...I'm suprised!
I'm sure my Mom will dump it off rather cheap! I'll let you know!

Have a great day!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.