• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crossband repeat timeout

NE4W

Feb 14, 2011
Do all current dual band rigs include a transmitter timeout while in CBR mode? I was hoping to use CBR (at the lowest power level) around the house for the weekly net, but our repeater seldom drops completely during nets which means that CBR would timeout before the net completes.

it might help if you would say which radios you're using that don't have a time out timer while in crossband repeat.

My kenwood TM-V7 does have a TOT in CBR mode set at 3 min.

My Yaesu FT-8900 does not have a TOT in CBR and has been keyed up for well over an hour at 5-10 watts with minimal heat on the heat sink.

My kenwood TM-V7 does have a TOT in CBR mode set at 3 min....

the TM-v7 does have a tot default setting of 10 min. (also adjustable for 3 & 5 min.)

but,...... the tot has nothing to do with the CBR function, it also functions in the simplex and repeater modes.

the TM-v7 does have a tot default setting of 10 min. (also adjustable for 3 & 5 min.)

but,...... the tot has nothing to do with the CBR function, it also functions in the simplex and repeater modes.

the TOT does have to do with the CBR function because with the TM-V7 the tot is set to 3min while in CBR mode and it is not adjustable. Sure the TOT can be adjusted to 3,5,10min while in normal tx mode it is not adjustable in crossband repeater mode.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.