• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak Mark X S.S.B. Radio

Dude... The only thing impressive about that radio is the large quantity of air inside it.!
Now if you could rewire the controls to a fitment of a 148 board.... then you'd have something... just not worth it.

The DAK radios remind me of the late 70's Morse/Electrophonic stereo receivers peddled by Roses, Murphys, K-Mart and the like. They were huge things and impressive to look at. But the innards? 10 watts per channel at 10% distortion. Also full of an impressive amount of air inside.
Common buttfuz. Someone's decided to give away something they easily could have sold . Maybe they wouldn't have gotten that much for it but nevertheless could have been paid . And you're stating facts that almost everyone knows.
There's many who for whatever reason have attractions to equipment that's known to be poorly made.
I had a dak lx and even though i knew it's history enjoyed using it.
My take on the op was wow, how cool someone's giving something away.
Another man's junk is another's treasure. There has been tens if not hundreds of radio related equipment throughout the years that has been known to be sub-par but yet for whatever reason some collect them, use them and enjoy looking at them like their pieces of artwork. I guess everyone's different and we obviously came away with two totally different ideas about the OP. 73 Happy New Year.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.