• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave Made m400 or Xforce TNT T1200LD-M

Dave Made or TNT

• Total voters
If you plan on running the amp like the poster is I guess the best advice would be to keep the rag chewing to a min. for sure!! That or start looking for Toshiba 2879's now and stock up!!

Man this thread is still going? If your gonna rag chew on the amp, 2 things. It better have a fan from hell that can blow. 2 you better hope that has a better heatsink with very tight spacing. To help dissipate heat better. Not to mention lower DK to keep it happier. Those comp amps are made for 10 second key downs. Not 2-5 minute rag chewing contests. I got a axial fan that will keep it cool. Sounds like a turbine when turned on. Pulls 5 amps. Lol and yes it costs a lot more than a $3 computer fan that was stuck in it. Not knocking DaveMade. Those are some of the better built comp amps out there. But a person has to understand and know the limits for a certain piece of equipment.

Reactions: BBB and 222DBFL
Man this thread is still going? If your gonna rag chew on the amp, 2 things. It better have a fan from hell that can blow. 2 you better hope that has a better heatsink with very tight spacing. To help dissipate heat better. Not to mention lower DK to keep it happier. Those comp amps are made for 10 second key downs. Not 2-5 minute rag chewing contests. I got a axial fan that will keep it cool. Sounds like a turbine when turned on. Pulls 5 amps. Lol and yes it costs a lot more than a $3 computer fan that was stuck in it. Not knocking DaveMade. Those are some of the better built comp amps out there. But a person has to understand and know the limits for a certain piece of equipment.

Good point. Years ago I had a Joker 2 pill built in a case-heatsink-fan that would support a 4 pill. I had to really try hard to even get the thing warm.

Reactions: Crusher
The amp is under the seat and the 40 degree A/C air is getting sucked into the amp. I was shooting skip today for about 30 minutes and it was nice and cold the whole time. Again I'm running it at 700 peak. More than some of you want, but almost half what it is capable of.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.