• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Davis Derringer DM-22- 22 Mag ( Chrome )

We got a little off topic, sorry, but does the Davis need to be cocked for every shot or is it double action type?

From this attachment it looks like the Davis has 2 firing pins in it as opposed to the rotating firing pin in the High Standard. Different designs, looks as if the Davis has less parts too, meaning less to look for when the dropsies happen.

Yes it needs to be cocked for each shot and it does have 2 firing pins. It's the bottom pin that has a miss fire once in a while but the top firing is dependable so if I carry it is ready to discharge the top pin for safety purpose Looks easy to remove the bottom pin to check for burrs or alignment I just don't know about hidden springs or other parts that have a finicky placement to be aware of. But it wasn't a high dollar gun so nothing ventured nothing gained And it would make a beautiful Belt Buckle. LOL

Just watched your video and none of my cartridges look like what he was talking about with indentations and to be honest with you his cartridge looks like a miss fire also that he didn't pay attention to. It did prod me to take it apart for inspection and it hasn't been shot enough to be wore out. That type of gun is a last ditch effort gun anyway in My eyes and isn't something to target practice with. ( Belly Gun )

I get it, I think I'd still not put it anywhere near my NADS :)
Your probably right and my North American Arms Mini Revolver is Quality build with 5 shots of 22 Mag for the same effort and size. Plus they already have a Belt Buckle Attachment that might fit that gun if I check into it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.