• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio purchase very disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOwl326

Nov 3, 2013
After reading so many good reports about Dave and DTB Radio on this forum, I have been disappointed with the purchase I just made of a new 2970N2 from him. I made clear in the notes on my order to make sure this radio was in very good cosmetic condition, and let him know up front I am picky about the condition of my radios (and at $500.00 purchase I deserve to be). Radio came in the worse cosmetic condition of any RCI product I have ever ordered. Scratched, marred and an area on the front of the amp that looks like it was touched up with a magic marker. Even the original box has 2 corners smashed in. I hope Dave is a stand up guy and replaces or refunds my purchase, as I have started a Paypal dispute resolution. I am fair though, and will further this posting with how this issue is handled by Dave/DTB Radio, and if he handles this in a professional manor and takes care of this issue, I will report back here as to not muddy Dave's good name or that of his companies! But I can say, I am not a happy camper in that I will have to eat shipping costs back to Dave due to no fault of my own, no matter how this gets resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

It is enough just to get a radio that is tuned very well with someone that does xlnt work and has very few comebacks. IMO, so what if the box is banged up? Was the radio faceplate damaged? If not, then perhaps your expectations might be set too high. Think I would be more concerned at this point in getting the best antenna and putting together a station.

Perhaps just a little too picky?

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
It is enough just to get a radio that is tuned very well with someone that does xlnt work and has very few comebacks. IMO, so what if the box is banged up? Was the radio faceplate damaged? If not, then perhaps your expectations might be set too high. Think I would be more concerned at this point in getting the best antenna and putting together a station.

Naaaaaaaaaa, Some of us are picky, some are not. If it was not for the fact that I stated in the comments of my order what I expected I might agree with you. I have owned over 10 new RCI products, and have never received a radio in this condition. I don't doubt his work, but good work does not make up for bad product. I at this point am assuming that Dave is a standup guy and will take care of this without Paypal's support. But I am sure if you ordered a steak medium rare, and it came to the table well done, you would not be satisfied with the answer, hey he is the best cook in town and maybe your expectations are just too high!

And why does the original box matter? It does when you turn around to sell it and you provide the buyer a nice clean box that does not look beat up as they may assume the radio is no better than the box.

. Think I would be more concerned at this point in getting the best antenna and putting together a station.

Plus I have lots of antennas and already have a station. Well....have had all that since the 1970's.

Always a comment without a purpose! Got to love forums...
No not really. Your buying a radio that you need to have "fixed" before it will work right and to top it off illegal. I do agree that if you pay money for something new it should be new but honestly the export game is all under the table anyway maybe expecting new when buying new is a bit too much to expect.

I hope the dealer makes it right for you before the feds shut them down and they move one to the next venture.

No not really. Your buying a radio that you need to have "fixed" before it will work right and to top it off illegal. I do agree that if you pay money for something new it should be new but honestly the export game is all under the table anyway maybe expecting new when buying new is a bit too much to expect.

I hope the dealer makes it right for you before the feds shut them down and they move one to the next venture.

I appreciate your opinions, even though a bit off topic. It is kind of funny how many hams use converted CW transmitters on 10 meters (Texas star is all under the table ya know and have to be "fixed"/Converted for hams to use them for their real intended purpose). But back to the topic at hand, no matter what one buys new, they deserve like new condition, and that I have always received from other vendors when I purchased an RCI product and let them know my expectations up front. DBT has been my 1st let down, and believe me there are other members of this forum that like there equipment nice, and keep it their equipment nice.

Bad mouthing DTB is akin to slapping an 80 year old blind woman. You done went and fired up the fanboys.

Even Dave can have a bad day or make a mistake. It is how this gets handled that matters to me the most. I have no problem giving him glowing reviews if he handles this like a pro on a timely basis. It is just when you are up front with your expectations and get the opposite you have to ask yourself WTF?

So was this a new purchase or did you buy a used radio he had that was for sale? If it was a new radio purchase I don't see what your mad at. DTB goes to the stock room, gets a brand new 2970 from RCI, tunes it up and ships it to you. Now your not happy with him?? I don't see what he did wrong I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.