• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio purchase very disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is what I stated from the beginning, and I will make a follow up post on how this is all handled.

As far as your gun dealer example, I am sure you would not have been pleased if it was going to cost you an additional $40.00 (the cost of freight and insurance to return this item to DTB) to receive that new replacement.

No, you can't ship guns to personal residence. So I had to drive 80 miles (each way) to go pick it up in a truck that gets 12 MPG. Then had to drive back to pick up the new one when it was shipped to their store. That's 320 miles at 3.55/gal= $94.67 plus the 5.5 hours of driving time. That doesn't make it the sellers fault. They had no control over how it came from the factory, or what might happen in transit from factory to distributor, and from distributor to retailer. And a large flat rate box is only $16.85. Being defective already there should be no need for the additional insurance, so how is return shipping going to cost you $40?

No, I know your kind. Of course you'll do a retraction if it plays out, but you don't care about what damage you do to his reputation in the mean time. You don't even know if he'll refund your shipping fees because you didn't even wait for a response.
Why do you think no one here is jumping on your band wagon with you? You just want to rant, rave, and disrupt what business you can while you wait find out if something is done. And you didn't even have the decency to wait to see. And you have 20 different people on here explaining it to you and it STILL doesn't even make a dent. If you tried and he did nothing for you, I would back you 100%. But you couldn't even give him a chance. You'll just bash and trash him and hurt his business. And when you get what you want, when no one is looking, you'll say "oops, sorry." I'll bet you never even called RCI about it. If it is a new radio, then all the damage you described probably happened at their facility.

Last edited:
Now Owl please do not take this wrong I am in no way taking sides with anyone I dont buy or have DTB or any CB radio shop do anything for me I do my own if not I have it taken care of at Q5communications about an hour from me here in Madison Wisconsin and that seldom ever happens.

I am not picky but when I buy something new IT BETTER BE NEW and I get that and your feelings on it. I have had issues with getting bad deals or burned on a deal but I waited to give the other party time to take care of their part on their end before stirring up a hornets nest and mainly to be fair. a person wants to screw me or try?? Then so be it I will certainly let others know but for the sole purpose of others not getting screwed or simply to beware or use caution.

My only concern is you had said you had purchased several radios and were happy. Why did you order and get rid of so many radios you were happy with to begin with/ Im not digging into your pesonal business but its not just you Im sure and alot of people do this same thing with riflling the radios left and right and not thinking about how we need to keep a radio when its a great or good radio.

Im guesing something went awry with the radios before or "you simply decided you were not happy with them?" Ive got alot of radios and recently decided Im gonna post a few HF rigs and Exports not because their junk or Im not happy with them but because they are just sitting here and someone could be using them. Some Ive had for years.

All in all I hope and am quite sure this Dave at DTB Radio will take care of it on his end. Is there anyway you can post a pic or pics of what the radio was actually like so we have a better idea seeings how it dragged on as it has? Good luck and stay calm with the situation and all will be resolved.
I

Finally a fair and unbiased posting! I in no way feel screwed. I am sure that Dave is an honest dealer doing the best he can. In my case expectations had not been met. As far as buying radios, I have been in and out of this hobby since the 1970's, and right now I am getting back in. I do like to buy radios, give them a years use and then purchase something else to keep my interest high. I like to try different radios, antennas and other accessories as that makes this hobby fun for me. As far as DTB radio is concerned, I in no way feel that DTB radio is not a good dealer, or in any way feel ripped off.

I think I have gone out of my way to make sure that all forum readers will see that I believe accidents happen and that in my case things did not work out to my expectations. Some dealers and customers are just not a good match, in that I am a perfectionist, and a little harder to please. But I have found that with a prior phone call or email, that when I communicate my expectations to a dealer, they work hard to make sure those expectations are met. If they seem put off by my "pickiness", I just move on and all is good. So once again to make this perfectly clear: Dave IS NOT a rip off, poor dealer, dishonest business, bad person, liar, beats his wife or children or anything else negative that his fanboys seem to perceive from my postings. He is just a quality dealer who in my case did not meet my expectations, and thus I will use other dealers to purchase from who have a better track record of pleasing my perfectionism.

Please note that my last sentence ended with a period! There is no reaching fanboys, as they are too protective of the herd, even when the herd goes astray and tramples down a village. And as far as Dave is concerned, I have his best interest at heart, in that I will not even ask or expect him to pick up the return shipping, and will only request a refund through Paypal so that Dave does not have to eat another shipping charge of $40+ dollars to ship a replacement unit. I respect small businesses and don't want this to turn out to be a loss-loss for him. He has mouths to feed like everyone else. Best to cut our ties and let him feed his herd of fanboys. PERIOD!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Just for the record I have never done business with DTB radio, nor will I ever do business with him simply because I do not use CB or export radio gear in my shack. I for one am not a fanboy of DTB nor am I a hater of DTB. I am however a reasonable person that can still see that the proper way to handle this would have been to see how it was handled FIRST and not jump into a forum making posts that could have people beginning to question the ethics of an otherwise possibly honest dealer.

reboot.gif

Reactions: 8 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio