• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

End Fed Antenna

I got plenty of ground these days. I just ran my ground wire over to my neighbors garage electrics. Working real good although they can't figure out why their garage door is doing the Texas two step when I'm in my shack. Country Eye Joe and boot scooting boogie up next. Line dancing any one?

You do have to have propeer grounds to protect your electronics. I have had to replace three out of eight security cameras.

For fun, I dug out my homebrew 20 mr EFHW and set up a WSPR test. The transformer was on my portable fibreglass mast, 1' from the ground. Wire went up to the top of the 14' mast then over to a fence post about 6'6", configured in an inverted "L".
Edit, Radio was a WSRLite with an output of 200 mw.

wspr 22 apr.png

Last edited:
Lowered my 20 meter dipole and swapped the end fed. I must say, I'm pleased with it. 80 meters is a little washy, but rest of bands are tame. Currently, I am using it for 6-20.

I know what it is and I know what to expect from it. It's better than nothing and great way for getting on the air easily. Definitely a HOA sufferers dream.

And here I always ignored the end fed.

I'm not getting any RFI into my ports. Didn't expect that. I'm going to move this one to the front of the house and get another one with a longer radiator to experiment with. I have it sloped. I'm going to run it vertical tomorrow and compare. I just attach the feedline right outside the shack about 7' high. The radiator is sloped up in my Oak. I'm going to try different positions. At least it's occupying my time and giving me something to do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.