• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Favorite 10 meter radio and why.

J

jjohnson

My favorite 10 meter radio is the older 2950. i like it because it puts out a lot more watts than a regular cb. i allways get good reports from other drivers with it.

RCI 2950DX with green display for SSB. Nice recieve, strong clean audio.

Galaxy DX55V for AM work in mobile. Simple, AM/FM rig with freq. counter, variable dead key, and it's got monster audio, and monster swing. It drives my X Force boxes better than most dual final radios.

favorite to meter radio

yeah i heard the 55v was a good radio a freind had one but he sold it to buy a 99v

Re: favorite to meter radio

jjohnson said:
yeah i heard the 55v was a good radio a freind had one but he sold it to buy a 99v

I've had alot of Galaxy radios over the years and have had good luck with them, however everyone I've ever owned with sideband was extremely drifty. Thats why I stick with the AM/FM only now. 8)

1,ranger 2950 old type with a few filter/audio mods
2,emperor shogun/ts5010/alan9001, with a few mods,

one day i will try a new style 2950dx, maybe they are a better radio but the rest of the surface mount cb/10mtr radios i have tried or repaired i would not piss on if they were on fire and thats not because i cant work on them, smd dont scare me one bit, i just dont like how they perform before or after they have been aligned correctly.

Since the other forum that asked for your favorite "CB" got a bunch of 10-meter and hammie radio posts, I'd like to add the following:

My favorite 10 meter radio was the Cobra 2000 because it was modified to go to 10 meters and blew away any import radio around. Still does!

There, now we have equal time on both forums. :D

best 10meter radio

the 2950dx is a great radio my gf bought me one two weeks ago she is glad to see me finally finding something i can do at home with the familly so she figure get the best radio that does almost everything i'm very happy with it barefoot i wait till i put up my 8 element maco on flatside and buy a nice tub amp

Export 10M radios leave alot to be desired. Why do you think they put echo, roger beep, robot talk and other junk on them?

Kwijibo said:
Export 10M radios leave alot to be desired. Why do you think they put echo, roger beep, robot talk and other junk on them?
so whats yur favorite 10m radio kwijbo

10M radio

President Lincoln, can't beat the ease of operation and the mods that can be done. I have owned two of them. I would only go up from here, Kenwood, Yaesu or Icom.

Kwijibo said:
Good point there !! Hmmmmmm ...So they could be converted over to CB (-: It's no damned wonder Hams get so pissed off !!! I suppose to a degree .....I can't blame them,even though I still think the blame should go elsewhere. IM no expert when it comes to these types of radios (or cb's for that matter) but I've never had much luck with 10 meter converts (IM a cb'er) they never really seemed to give me what I wanted on the AM side of things but they always seemed like better SSB radios then on the AM sides ? The best 10 meter I ever owned was a Ranger AR 3300 (Clear Channel) converted over , it totally sucked on AM !! but it was the best sideband radio I think I ever owned.......times like these Im very glad IM just a cb radio operator ......give me an older 148GTL or a Grant XL and I think I have more then I need for the best of both worlds (-: CB that is with a few freebander channels on the side.
Ranger_AR-3300_.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.