• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Follow up thoughts on Kales base antenna idea

Marconi said:
Master Chief said:
And here's the thing; nobody's asking you to!
does this mean someone has to ask me for my opinion and you have to give me permission or else I am to keep my opinions to myself?
What are you talking about? I was responding to Doc's post. Feel free to spew your opinion here all you want. Just get the facts straight.

Well Librium I don't really recall why I put your name in the post. I guess you said something along the way that stuck with me. Maybe you were one that was actually talking directly to the issue about coil antennas.

You have your opinion and that's fine. You told me what you think and you just suggest I have faith in your words, but you don’t tell me why. That is not argument or a discussion. I was trying to encourage and continue a discussion. Maybe find out why others felt differently about the subject and I was interested how such coil antennas handle the reactance.

You just telling me something is so or is not so, don’t cut nothin’ with me. If you can’t explain a little bit of the reasons that support your opinions or give reasons why another opinion is wrong, then I have to question your contention of NO WAY.

If we had a reasonable discussion about your ideas relative to mine on this subject then maybe you might provide me with a different point of view, convince me of something new of a different way of looking at this, or even change my mind. Would that be a good lesson?

I attempted to spell out my points for your consideration; I gave a couple of reliable and graphic references to consider. I indicated why I concluded that a mobile antenna with a center loaded coil antenna might just perform as well or better in some situations compared to a full 1/4 wave, but all you say is NO WAY! Not very convincing.

I noted that I also had done some testing using only full 1/4 wave whips and explained that testing a bit, and you just claim experiences too without explanation. Not very convincing. I suggested what I found to be an issue using whips and you just claim that no antenna gurus will disagree with you. Not very convincing. I realize you were not persuaded by my arguments or my experiences. If you related your experiences maybe I wouldn’t be convinced about your's either, but I guess that is what makes the world go around.

You didn’t even ask me any questions or challenge one thing I said, so I can only assume you just dismissed my words out of hand. That seemingly is just what you did with the issue from the start and I guess that is why I responded as I did, wrong as it was. You just gave an opinion without support, so what else is there to say?

Now Master Chief on the other hand just wanted to make a silly issue about who originated the idea, who made the design, or who owned the antenna, like that really was an all important part of the issue. He also suggests that I should get a handle on that fact or say nothing. Not very convincing. BTW, don't hold your breath waiting for me to answer that little warning PM you sent me. I'm not your punk.

‘Doc and Beetle were making words also, but I have no idea where they were going with their discussion, it sure wasn’t on point as best I can tell and I did not respond.

I take it no one wants to discuss this further and I guess that is the only point that matters now.

Marconi said:
Now Master Chief on the other hand just wanted to make a silly issue about who originated the idea, who made the design, or who owned the antenna, like that really was an all important part of the issue. He also suggests that I should get a handle on that fact or say nothing. Not very convincing. BTW, don't hold your breath waiting for me to answer that little warning PM you sent me. I'm not your punk.
It was important enough for Kale to state those facts three or four times. I don't know why you didn't get that. Also, I never said for you to "say nothing". I did say that you need to get your facts straight, go back and read what I wrote. What was I trying to convince you to do? You have a bad habit of reading things into a post that don't exist.

I didn't send you a warning. I sent this:
I suggest you grow up quick. You have not been censored nor attacked. Stick to the subject and try to get your facts straight. If you have any questions concerning any of this, feel free to contact me directly.
Now show me the "warning" of which you speak.

My posts have been to the subject at hand. For what ever reason you think you are being "warned" or "convinced" is a problem you will have to work out for yourself.

Marconi said:
Doc and Beetle were making words also, but I have no idea where they were going with their discussion, it sure wasn’t on point as best I can tell and I did not respond.
Talk about the pot calling the kettle, black?! You are all over the place on this one!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.