• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FREQUENCY AND TIME FOR CONTACTS

Very very poor conditions up here today. A few distant voices in the noise, that's about all. We had an X class flare yesterday so that likely has something to do with it. Seems like those of us at more northerly latitudes suffer more than those to the south when the sun acts up !

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Good Morning to all,
Haven't been on much this past week due to my Dad being in the hospital for bronchitis and work,etc......however Iam on the air right now and will be thru out the day off and on 38 and 40 LSB, hopefully conditions cooperates and I can snag some DX and some forum members out there!

73's
I'ts strange here today too. I've made a few contacts, but I had to work hard at it! One minute it's a train wreck and the next minute there's nothing but silence. The only good qso I've had today was @AmericanEagle575 and this was earlier in the day. So needless to say, I haven't spent a lot of time in the radio room today. I'll check again right before sundown.

Good Morning on this Good Friday,
I'll be on the air this upcoming Sunday starting at 9am and off and on through out the day on 38 and 40 LSB, hopefully conditions will be better and cooperate for some good DX contacts, hopefully also make contact with some WDX members out there,May you all have a great upcoming Easter weekend ahead!!

73's

The radio is on. I'll be working in the radio room for a few hours this morning then back again in the afternoon.
I'll give you a try JJ.

EDIT:
Conditions are close to nonexistent here. The few stations I did hear, couldn't hear me. I'll be back around 3:00 central.

Last edited:
LOL! That channel (415) is full of a network of powerful Arizona stations here. One of the most constantly-in-use channels on the freeband !
Just 'cause a frequency is empty one place, sure doesn't mean it's also quiet somewhere else ! Just the way propagation works.........
I just had a very good qso with Kate 26 out of Canterbury england. It seems that the UK is dominating the band right now.

LOL! That channel (415) is full of a network of powerful Arizona stations here. One of the most constantly-in-use channels on the freeband !
Just 'cause a frequency is empty one place, sure doesn't mean it's also quiet somewhere else ! Just the way propagation works.........
They must not be very powerful if i cannot hear anything on that channel.

They must not be very powerful if i cannot hear anything on that channel.
It has nothing to do with power and everything to do with where propagation is sending signals ! There is a common misconception amongst CB operators that if skip is running then the stations being heard in one location are also being heard in other locations......

It doesn't work that way ! I have radio friends 30 or 40 miles away from me that hear totally different things than I do at the same time. I'll have Australia pounding in while they are getting the East Coast or some other thing.

A good example is from yesterday when Jeff was talking to Italy from his mobile in California. I turned on the radio to the SAME channel he was on at the SAME time and got strong stations from New Caledonia & Australia. The opposite direction. No trace of Italy at all.
California is only a little over 1000 miles from me, and very very different conditions at the same time....... so you can only imagine how different it is where you are in Colombia compared to up here in Western Canada.......

Well fellow Radio operator's out there,I'm planning on being on the Air on Sunday off and on after 2pm, on channel 38 and 40 LSB as usual, haven't been on much due to taking care of Dad with him dealing with bronchitis,etc,but he's finally starting to feel better slowly,of course when you are 85, Sickness hits you harder so to speak,but he's getting there,etc
Hopefully conditions will cooperate and I can get some good DX contacts and talk to some forum members out there.........

73's

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.