• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

FTM-350 Mobile Install

Got the software from RT Systems and after finding a glitch, contacting them, it was fixed in less than a week. Works very nice.

Scott

I'm very pleased with the folks at RT Systems.

14560_1277540687B51z.jpg

nice install !

I'll echo those same kudos to RT Systems, I've got their programming software for every radio I have. I think they live in front of their computers 24/7, seems everytime I tossed a question out I got the answer back in minutes compared to days with many support techs.

RT Systems SW for FTM-350

Could not agree more on RT Systems....great people, great service. I have their SW and cables for 3 HTs and the FTM-350 and 897D...being able to exchange memories by cut and paste is awesome.
I do wish I could go to Arc396 from Butel and drag and 'copy' then 'paste' into the ADMS SW to grab scanner freqs and tones I have pulled from RadioReference- I didn't seem to be able to make that work even with Ctl-C and Ctl-V.
Took a call to them to know that the last edited and saved .RSF file is the settings file that gets sent over.

New install ,hoping for some info

I have just picked up my new FTM350 , and have been reading the post here and the info is great.
I am working on the install and removing my FT 8800.For the APRS setup .I am going to use the smartbeaconing and was kind of hoping someone would have the settings they are using so I would have a place to start and not waste air time sending too many beacons.

any help would be appreciated..

Steve
VA3TPS

I haven't tried the smart beaconing. Once I initially got things working - I went back to that old aggage "if it works... don't... " :LOL:

I also would like to hear from anyone that has worked with this feature.

Smart Beaconing

The 'Smart Beaconing' isn't anything complicated, I just took the default settings for it. There is a summary statement about it in the specs and that includes a link for more info:

"...SmartBeaconing™ from HamHUD Nichetronix is able to modify its own beacon rate in response to the motion of the vehicle. Since the APRS network has limited bandwidth, SmartBeaconing™ transmits an optimal amount of position information with a minimal amount of QRM to other network users - making FTM-350R users some of the most "efficient" on the network.

Read more about this very useful feature at http://www.hamhud.net/hh2/smartbeacon.html..."

I use it on the FTM-350 and on the VX-8DR...it's cool to make a turn and look over and see the radio xmit a beacon.

Soooo do you just hope it doesn't rain?

Honda Goldwing not know what is rain. ;) (speed must be between 50-130 km/h)

I did upgrade the location of the front panel. I used the universal bracket from the company Touratech. I use it in the car and a motorcycle. It is very hard and not vibrate.

WEB Touratech

008.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.