• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Grant

Eastside you ARE right. I have looked at the feedback. Seems like a good radio for the price(that is what I was wanting to know) Does anybodoy have comments on the radio!! Should just buy it now. Hope I recieve it. Hope it works. And, If it does I could give a review. LOL

The Stonewall Jackson is the same radio as the Galaxy 99V (same radio that I run in my mobile BTW). Less bands available on this model I think.

How much power output?

It is the 3600 series chassis.
Not a bad radio at all. It will take some time to warm up on sideband; all of the 3600 series chassis radios will.

That is an Export radio, as it has the FM and CW modes.

A Uniden-brand President Grant: or is the radio a President-brand Grant?

Either one is worth no more than $80 in decent condition

It is/was a Ranger product with a ept6900 series board, basically a Superstar SS-158 EDX with a pair of 2290's.Also the same as the Ranger RCI-2960.

100 watts I think. Thanks Robb. I will take my chances. Thankyou ALL for your replies. I will let you all know if I get burnt.

It's AM,FM,CW,USB,LSB Well, I did it. Bought it. Will let yall know how it turns out. Might take some time since I live in Dallas, GA but work in Little Rock, AR. Will not get to see it till the end of the month. I just wish I had my 148 GTL-DX I had back in the 80's and my astrobeam. Now I am new to radio again. You never see anything about the astrobeam, only the astroplane. Just an old man that wants to be heard. (on DX). Thanks ALL

Got the radio yesterday afternoon. Tried it out this morning. DX was to strong yesterday. Seems to work good. Power turned all the way down on AM 35dk and 125pep. With all the way up 100dk and 200pep. Sideband 200pep. Seems to be on frequency. I do not have an acurate freak counter. Just tested with another radio 20 miles away. Course clarifier 12 oclock on both radios and fine just about the same. Hard to tell about the receive. Seems good for having just a wilson5000 on the truck in the driveway, 75' 213 coax run into the house, Astron RS-35M, RK-56 Mic, and Astatic 600 meter. I would again like to thank you ALL for your replies before. Was worried :unsure: about getting burnt.

OK boys, here's the score. I have one, and have had it for a while. It is essentially sort of a Superstar SS158EDX on steroids. No echo. Built-in 150W+ amp. Easily does 50W plus carrier on AM (200W PEP). When properly modified, it will do 24.265 through 29.655 in 12 bands (6 HI, 6 LO). Can easily be modified to cover from 24.705 MHz to 30.095 by changing one crystal, (this applies to all EPT6900 boards). Excellent radio, but the counter drifts slightly. Loud on AM, excellent on SSB. If yours has been modified for 12 bands, you will love it. (For hams, I'm currently working on a scheme to add repeater splits.) I'm thoroughly satisfied with mine.

It looks like this (with new band decal):

Attachments

• General_Grant.sized.jpg
    General_Grant.sized.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 3

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.