• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

General Lee radio mod question.

r249 is right by the vr for the modulation .also very near tr53 .

if your getting good reports i wouldnt concern yourself too much with this stuff. its a AM radio .tr32 removed on a ssb radio is not good but on AM its not as big a concern .unless you seem to be over modulating

r249 is right by the vr for the modulation .also very near tr53 .

if your getting good reports i wouldnt concern yourself too much with this stuff. its a AM radio .tr32 removed on a ssb radio is not good but on AM its not as big a concern .unless you seem to be over modulating

well, nobody has complained about how the radio sounds. i dont get out far though, probably because of my lower quality antenna, which i will soon be upgrading.

so, does that mean that TR-32 is a modulation limiter? (im rather new to internal workings of stuff like this. i know a decent amount about electronics, but internal workings isnt my cup of tea)

yes its a modulation limiter .its one you would not remove on a ssb radio.on the lee chassis you see this alot .some truck stop tuner probably done it .

yes its a modulation limiter .its one you would not remove on a ssb radio.on the lee chassis you see this alot .some truck stop tuner probably done it .

so could that be why my Modulation pot was not turned all the way up?
(Im guessing. Like i said, im new to internal CB... or in this case Export. I'm also assuming the modulation limiter will not let the modulation exceed 100%?)

thats correct

great! thank you for answering my many questions! i really appreciate it.

one last one, this radio appears to be stock with the exception or TR-32 removed, right?

and then possibly that yellow to red wire. which i am still lost on. if it is factory, it would, IMO, be more efficient to just go straight to the meter from the board, as apposed to all the way across the radio twice.

the radio has been peaked out so no its not stock persay .
tr32 is gone ,talkback resistor added on solder side .and we havent heard if r249 is present?

by stock you mean it has its factory parts?if so then yes .(and no ,tr32 is missing)

but once they are peaked nobody considers them stock no more .especially ones with limiters missing .

the radio has been peaked out so no its not stock persay .
tr32 is gone ,talkback resistor added on solder side .and we havent heard if r249 is present?

by stock you mean it has its factory parts?if so then yes .(and no ,tr32 is missing)

but once they are peaked nobody considers them stock no more .especially ones with limiters missing .

the way i see it, if its adjustments made, i would consider it stock. in a sense.

I cannot, for the life of me, locate R249. Ive located all the other ones, just not that one.

That resistor added, is probably a talkback mod.

the cut wires, more than likely from the factory. the companies use the harnesses for more than one radio and change lil things along the way

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.