• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Google ads bothering me

KC2OST

BANNED
Mar 4, 2007
i look to the left and see radio hack shops who have ads, randomly being served by this site..

what a shame.. the exact opposite of what this site used to stand for..

threads that did make the many migrations, burried deep here..
the members ran these hacks off the forum..

years later, i see these same shops with ad space here!!

now, i know the owners have no control over which ads are displayed.
just an observation as to how ironic it is.

just a quick thought, since this is mostly a amateur radio site now,
can't you change the ads to amateur things? (leave out the keyword cb)?

surely i cant be the only person who has noticed this..

im about ready to upgrade my license, since i can barely work now..
should i get a radioactive kenwood? *sarcasm*

im looking at ads for shopzilla.com and shopping.com and ham city and radioactive right now . ra is a known hack shop and the ONLY forum i know of that says good things about them is CBRT and we all know what goes on there.............

KC2OST, I really don't appreciate you pointing that out to me. I was much happier when I could live my life as a mushroom and just ignore the walls crumbling around me. Now I realize that ad space is being sold and marketed value based on the number of hits or clicks, so dollars are being made by unsrupulous businesses...

Please refrain from showing me the light as I just can't take it.

Owie, my eye!!!

:D

"now, i know the OWNERS HAVE NO CONTROL over which ads are displayed.
just an observation as to how ironic it is."

"just a quick thought, since this is mostly a amateur radio site now,
can't YOU change the ads to amateur things?"

you who? the owners? huh?

here we go again.

Last edited:
What would be great is if the ads were horizontal across the top of the page. Right now they are in the left pane and it means I constantly have to scroll the browser right to read posts.

its really not a problem or issue for me . honestly.......im a cheap bastard and if it keeps this forum running without me having to pay to access it im all for it . i dont really mind banners , i understand theyre necessary to keep the sites up . popups are what i hate and thankfully there are solutions for them .

KC2OST, I really don't appreciate you pointing that out to me. I was much happier when I could live my life as a mushroom and just ignore the walls crumbling around me. Now I realize that ad space is being sold and marketed value based on the number of hits or clicks, so dollars are being made by unsrupulous businesses...

Please refrain from showing me the light as I just can't take it.

Owie, my eye!!!

:D

LOL, AT LEAST YOU AND BOOTY MONSTER GET IT..

IM GOING TO IGNORE FREECELL AND HIS COMMENTS..
SINCE SOME OF THE ADS BEING SERVED ARE SHOPS BLACKLISTED ON HIS SITE!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.