• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ground Plane Contest

Bah, I'm gonna have to file an extension. Major stuff hit the fan at work that's carrying on into the evening and there's no way I'll get it done tonight.

got it up and running , made a few local contacts .
its literally less than 6 feet off the ground to the feedpoint .
ill take better/closer pics later . i want to do a few tweeks on it ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 40
Excellent, BM!

I was wondering what in the world kind of match you had cooked up, but enlarging the photo I see that's a Tiki torch underneath!

Really, really nice! I'm almost embarrassed to finish mine now...

its basically a homebrew maco 5/8 , but much much stronger . its the same radiator and coil i used on the earlier 5/8 homebrew . this has horizontal ground elements instead of sloped wires to a pvc x stand off .

homers chicken wire ground plane is the most unique so far IMO .

Attachments

• antenna2.gif
    antenna2.gif
    28.1 KB · Views: 160
I want to do some modifications to my 5/8,too, but I haven't had the time to get on it lately. It will be a task for another time.

So far BM, gave me one vote, and I gave him one. . .
Who's gonna vote for Rick??? ;)

Hahaahaha! Well I can't show you progress photos, that would give it away. I'll tell you though it's not nearly as nice as the BootyMonster's!

Hahaahaha! Well I can't show you progress photos, that would give it away. I'll tell you though it's not nearly as nice as the BootyMonster's!

LOL . thanks , but it needs a few cosmetic tweeks . ill post a few closer pics later .

rick may come up with something to steal both our votes ;)

ill give a million dolar bill to the winner . :)

Attachments

• milliondollar.jpg
    milliondollar.jpg
    853.8 KB · Views: 6
BM,
Maybe we should both take advantage of the extension and come up with something more. After all, that million dollar bill looks good. . .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.