• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hanging out on FM

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I will monitor 29.600 for a while today....I have no idea what the band conditions will be, but I will have the radio parked there.
I will be around the radio and working in the yard, I need to clean some stuff up. We had a couple storms over the last few days and it made a mess.

Sooo I will be in and out but I got the audio up and If I do not hear it I am sure my wife will Lol, .

Jeff

will have to listen

Will have 29.000fm on till Thursday,on simplex.Hope to hear you,have a old Teaberry stalker amer converted to fm and rpt offsets...8 wts,hehe big time pwr...73 de n0zna em48sd

I just turned there and called cq a couple times. did not hear anything but I will be monitoring fer a bit. 10m has been opening up here some. starting to hear a lot of SA stuff come alive in the last 10 mins or so

73 kj4unx

10m FM is a hoot at times. I still have an old UK FM mode CB radio that was modified for 10m but no offsets. It runs about 6 watts on high and 1 watt on low power. Had a lot of fun with that years ago. Looking forward to getting some antenna back up and getting back on the air this spring/summer.

I have called cq on AM 29000 and 29200. Have not heard much at all. I thought that was the FM part of the 10m band. Oh well I will hang out on 29000 am for a bit to see if I hear anyone

73 KJ4UNX

There is a AM window up there from 29.00 to 29.30 or so...... when I lived near Fresno years ago there were a few dinosaurs that would be up there most sat nights.
There is a ton of room on Ten meters, the band is big.

I was calling CQ about 30 Min ago, nothing here.
I will be around the radio listening.

Jeff

I run 29.000 am

and 29.600fm...will be on after we have the strms out of Missouri...have tornado watch boxs all around...will be on all day tomorow...73 de n0zna i might be laying down so call every half hour,i over did it at hamfest today,hehe ...

Reactions: 1 person
Boy I am a idiot. I have been calling on 29.6 all day instead of 29000 or 29200. No wonder I did not hear anyone there. Guess I should wear my glasses more often when reading these posts. I will now go down to 29000.

There needs to be a idiot smiley at the left so I could put that beside this post. HI HI

73 KJ4UNX

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.