• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hello Newbie here!

Okay, so I got denied for a base station for now, so am going mobile. thinking about the same radio with a wilson 5000 mag mount.

good starter radio is a cobra 142/2000.. I am new to talking on them and you'll meet some cool people, and some plain out azz's.. word of advise dont get cought up in the drama.. Ignore most of the BS, and have fun with it.. Good meter to check your swr as well as good coax.. I went with the grey as its still cheap, but way better... If you got alot to spend then by all means go with the expensive as possible.. Also talk to your friends and you'd be suprised they may have old cb stuff laying around you can tinker with and learn.... at most have fun with the hobbie.. I am 27 so I am near your age with few complications of our age bracket which is why I got into it :)

PS: I am using an old tinma 30A to drive my linear and it works well.. if you decide to run power later on, dont get convenced to buy this big huge amp that will get you introuble (TVI Interfierence ect..) get a little 2 pill [best bang 4 ur buck] and turn it down and you wont be called a mud-duck.. and will be able to play with the big boys should you ever need to get out (Emergency) I have a base at home, and mobile in car... and its fun to talk to whomever is at home Free once all is purchased. The maco antennas are awsome and have good receive, but read instructions carefully as that was my problem when I first installed her :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio