• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!

sixt5

Jul 16, 2005
i've got a cb setup in my truck and can not get out to anybody. i have meter setup as well and can hear for a good distance. i just cant talk to anybody. this is the second setup im on since the first didnt get out either.

what can i check?

its a 8 ft steel whip (also have a 2 ft antenna too) on a midland cb. dont know specifics and it is ground behind a screw on a piece of metal.

well from under the dash to the very edge closest to the cab on the bed rail. if your going by wire footage, a 10 ft cable ran between them.

i have tried two different mics as well.

use the bigger antenna...and use only 1 antenna...
from radio directly to the mount of the 8' antenna...
check your swrs and make sure they are 1.5 or lower...
then you are good to go ..

AM POWER

how can i go directly form the radio to the antenna and measure the swr? my meter as a end on the top and the bottom to plug each into.

so 1.5 is a good range?

1.5 is good ,lower would be concedered better , keep work'in at it , this stuff can be frustrating in the beginning but pretty cool once you get the hang of it ,and if that happens ? You might start spending more money ? CB stands for "Constint Buying" Good luck to you. Switch Kit

sixt5 said:
how can i go directly form the radio to the antenna and measure the swr? my meter as a end on the top and the bottom to plug each into.

so 1.5 is a good range?

anybody?

as long as you ain't run'in any power the 1.5 will do fine ,I thought I said that already ? Hmmm (-:

how do i check the swr? the meter i have, you plug one end of the cable into the bottom, and have another cable connceting it to the other destination.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.