• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

HELP!

alright i got good news. i have another cb that i set up in my room with a ghetto antenna. i can hear my cb in the truck from in my room. so why arent i getting out past the half mile or so that i tested it?

Are you testing this with the squelch wide open, or closed? Also, does this radio have an RF Gain knob? I think you need to tell us more about what kind of radio it is and how you installed it before we can be of much help....

i have tried it all the way over as well as putting it where it is barely on. it does not hav a rf knob.

Do you have an external power and swr meter? If not, get an inexpensive one. They're around $20. I think you have a problem with your installation or the coax. Hook up the meter after your radio with a jumper, and tell check the swr and power output of the radio. If the SWR is high (greater than 2:1), you have a problem with the antenna, coax, or mount. If you're not sure how to use an SWR meter, read this link: www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs/swr-intro.htm. Ignore the parts on that page about coax length, though.[/img]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.