• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Hf base radio recomendations

i have the 450d its a great radio. take no offence. but i think you would be better
off with a rci 2995 dx. or a 2950 stryker 955 hp. i am a ham but i don't tell people what to do or buy. . i'm a pretty laid back ham. i think i paid 750 for the 450d.
i have nothing bad to say about 11 meter . its just not for me.

i have the 450d its a great radio. take no offence. but i think you would be better
off with a rci 2995 dx. or a 2950 stryker 955 hp. i am a ham but i don't tell people what to do or buy. . i'm a pretty laid back ham. i think i paid 750 for the 450d.
i have nothing bad to say about 11 meter . its just not for me.

Word on the street is that the ham rigs will sound better on ssb when setup correctly. It is rare that I hear a station that sounds great and they say they are on a cb or export. I have ran exports for years, and I have been told many times that I sound good, but only once was I told I sounded fantastic. Would a ham rig not give me a better chance to sound great?

Also, I stumbled upon sideband when I got a dx979. Maybe I would love other bands? What is it like? I will never know if I am stuck on 11 meters, right?

Reactions: binrat
450 or 718 with everything is set "in moderation" will sound fantastic. My first true HF was an IC707 which 718 replaced. Very good entry point in my books.

— Yaesu FT-450 w/hand mike and MD-100 desk mike & acc. cable $650

— Icom IC-718 with hand mike and MFJ desk mike/cable, MFJ-860 SWR Meter $550

Nice clean ,fully functional FT-450AT ,HF + 6 METERS ALL MODE.. with Auto-Antenna Tuner option.Including Factory Manual,Hand-Mic MH-67A8J, dc-cable with Anderson powerpole installed, and original shipping carton, has included the flip out bail stand , NOT the flimsy individual flip-out feet like on the newer FT-450D, also has the finger dimple knob that the FT450D doesnt have. $500.00 shipped FEDEX Ground insured.

Yaesu ft-450at with original box and book mic and power cord. I purchased it new very little use. Wish i could keep it but don't want it just sitting around. Asking $500.obo

Plus a few more all listed on QTH.com...classifies https://swap.qth.com/index.php
All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Mudduckmobile

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.