• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How much cement?

That's one way of doing it, I use under size double wall pipe in the concrete with
cross bolts through those for anchoring purposes and mount the base section to those then drill small weep holes to allow condensated moisture to pass through as to prohibit rusting.
That'sthe best way to do it. It makes removal a lot easier later on of even replacement if you want too. Most towers come with base stubs for direct burial in concrete. Simply burying the bottom section does have it's problems with water getting into it and freezing and then rupturing the bottom. i was once asked to do a job on a small tower. I took one look at the bloated and split legs at the bottom and ran for the hills.

I've heard of guys doing it this way, but I don't recommend it. A yard or more of concrete is a pretty permanent fixture, thin walled steel tubing? ....... ehhh, not so much.

I put four 3/4" and four 5/8" "J" bolts in my conrete pour.

The base that is in the cement is solid...not tubing....and the first section that goes on is the tilting section :)

Once it is hard enough to not make impressions, you should spray water on every few hours or moist burlap sacks would let it cure properly

Yep....I went up to tractor supply and bought a skid loaded high....they sat it in my crewcab with a forklift....quite a heavy load....took it home and 357 and 125 mixed it up in a wheel barrel sack after sack until it was up to the last rung on the base.....he also put big field rocks in the bottom....we used press board as forms....I just lay a tarp across it to keep the rain out. :)

The concrete should be pourd against undisturbed earth, not forms. Unless the forms are to make the top few inches of the base look nice, but down in the hole.... right against the soil.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.