• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to 'resend' a failed APRS Msg on VX-8DR

N3KDJ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 9, 2010
PA
If I attempt to send an APRS test message on my Yaesu VX-8DR, and it fails to get an ACK in its 5 attempts, it becomes a 'TX' message and is just left there it seems. If I should want to try again when in better digi coverage do I really have to go through creating the message again? Can I not just somehow resend it?

You can just resend it. I don't have my radio handy to remember how to do it, but I'll try it when I get home and report back. I seem to remember, you just go to sent messages, scroll to the one you want, and hit a key to edit it (Band button, I think) and then hit send. I'll let you know...

OK, I was close. You go to the message that didn't make it using the up/down arrows or by using the dial on top. Then you hit the HM/RV key which will allow you to edit the original. If you just want to do a resend, hit the Internet key. You can do this to resend any message.

Resend

Yeah that does it indeed...interesting, the first few times I tried it I go an empty message to edit...works now so thanks for that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.