• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

How to 'resend' a failed APRS Msg on VX-8DR

N3KDJ

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 9, 2010
PA
If I attempt to send an APRS test message on my Yaesu VX-8DR, and it fails to get an ACK in its 5 attempts, it becomes a 'TX' message and is just left there it seems. If I should want to try again when in better digi coverage do I really have to go through creating the message again? Can I not just somehow resend it?

You can just resend it. I don't have my radio handy to remember how to do it, but I'll try it when I get home and report back. I seem to remember, you just go to sent messages, scroll to the one you want, and hit a key to edit it (Band button, I think) and then hit send. I'll let you know...

OK, I was close. You go to the message that didn't make it using the up/down arrows or by using the dial on top. Then you hit the HM/RV key which will allow you to edit the original. If you just want to do a resend, hit the Internet key. You can do this to resend any message.

Resend

Yeah that does it indeed...interesting, the first few times I tried it I go an empty message to edit...works now so thanks for that.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.