• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I have a gentlemens bet going !

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
The radio and mic combo for the bigest audio monster. CB radio mag did this a while ago, but today with all the new radios what radio and mic combo will squash the locals in a 7 mile circle as a base set up. cobra 29 D104 or Magnum S9, Connex galaxy you name it what radio mic combo. Not skip, hammer down saturday night with the local guys.Stryker ???? two word answers olny Radio MIC.

Are you asking about only CURRENTLY marketed stock CB or export radios / microphones?

Or are you asking about what the best radio/microphone combo is regardless of age, etc?

...what radio and mic combo will squash the locals in a 7 mile circle as a base set up.

Your question can't be answered with only 2 words.

Answer: Any of those combos could come out on top depending on the location of the antenna.

either these will do the trick
1] cobra 29 black /chrome with rfx 75 and 878 desk mic.
this imho will be the most cost efficitve set up for am only
and the new 878 mics sound really good.
2][cobra 29 black /chrome with a swing mod and a
2x4 amp ,and 878 desk mic.
this set up will be very hard to beat and ya can add a straight 8 pill later
and use the 2x4 as the driver.this set up will be alot more money then the first
but will have even better results.
if i was to go back to am and wanted to be loud an proud id start
with one of these 2 ideas probaly the 2nd idea

either these will do the trick
1] cobra 29 black /chrome with rfx 75 and 878 desk mic.
this imho will be the most cost efficitve set up for am only
and the new 878 mics sound really good.
2][cobra 29 black /chrome with a swing mod and a
2x4 amp ,and 878 desk mic.
this set up will be very hard to beat and ya can add a straight 8 pill later
and use the 2x4 as the driver.this set up will be alot more money then the first
but will have even better results.
if i was to go back to am and wanted to be loud an proud id start
with one of these 2 ideas probaly the 2nd idea

Which "Cobra 29's" are you referring? The new ones with the digital displays, the Chinese made ones, or the older ones? Would you do any mods with this setup or is it all stock?:unsure: The rfx 75 will increase the wattage, by how much?

cant answer that fairly.

a 4 watt radio into a nice big beam would sure do better than 4000 watts into a coat hanger.

just saying.

but all things being equal.... as mentioned before, i like me the Yaesu 101e.
i cant remember what my local paired with it, might have been a Heil, but regardless, that radio was the shit !

Which "Cobra 29's" are you referring? The new ones with the digital displays, the Chinese made ones, or the older ones? Would you do any mods with this setup or is it all stock?:unsure: The rfx 75 will increase the wattage, by how much?

the 29,s with the old school style and finished with black covers.the older ones will
work also

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.