• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I'M OFF THE AIR FOR A WHILE

BammBamm

Instigators ...173 on the southside.
May 24, 2010
Steger,Illinois
Due to a bad motorcycle wreck I have been forced to sell just about everything I own to cover expenses due to not being able to work. I was cut off by a semi on Il 394 who decided he wanted my lane. I swerved to the far right shoulder and hit debis causing me to lose control at about 55 mph. I now am healing with 2 titanium rods in my right leg and 17 staples along with 62 stitches in various places the worst being my right hand where the front brake lever broke and crushed 2 fingers and then impaled my hand between my first two knuckles and then ripped out between the fingers. I will probably never have movement in those two fingers again and have many scrapes and bruises in which the doctors where happy to BRUSH to remove gravel and dirt from. I will be back but first have to put things in order. I vow to someday ride again but the wife says NO WAY IN HELL am I ever buying a bike again. Take care all my friends Bam Bam
Thanks to my niece for typing this for me. LOL

Due to a bad motorcycle wreck I have been forced to sell just about everything I own to cover expenses due to not being able to work. I was cut off by a semi on Il 394 who decided he wanted my lane. I swerved to the far right shoulder and hit debis causing me to lose control at about 55 mph. I now am healing with 2 titanium rods in my right leg and 17 staples along with 62 stitches in various places the worst being my right hand where the front brake lever broke and crushed 2 fingers and then impaled my hand between my first two knuckles and then ripped out between the fingers. I will probably never have movement in those two fingers again and have many scrapes and bruises in which the doctors where happy to BRUSH to remove gravel and dirt from. I will be back but first have to put things in order. I vow to someday ride again but the wife says NO WAY IN HELL am I ever buying a bike again. Take care all my friends Bam Bam
Thanks to my niece for typing this for me. LOL

Why doesn't the at fault trucker's insurance pay for all expenses and missed work wages? Truckers carry MAJOR insurance because crashes involving Semis are rarely minor. My Brother in law was injured badly when a semi driver wasn't paying attention and ran into a car then that car was pushed into my in law on a Honda 750. The trucking company's insurance paid everything including pain and suffering, all medical, property damage , and lost wages.
Sure sucks about your crash......best wishes.

Why doesn't the at fault trucker's insurance pay for all expenses and missed work wages? Truckers carry MAJOR insurance because crashes involving Semis are rarely minor. My Brother in law was injured badly when a semi driver wasn't paying attention and ran into a car then that car was pushed into my in law on a Honda 750. The trucking company's insurance paid everything including pain and suffering, all medical, property damage , and lost wages.
Sure sucks about your crash......best wishes.

willing to bet the driver never knew what happened and there for never stopped, just guessing.

Take care and heal up my friend and you will get back on the air it just takes time and you cant be picky as far as equipment. Just when your ready to setup a station again just buy what you can afford for time being and you can always build your station back up in time theres never a rush its just a hobby ;)

Just take note and realize you my friend are a LUCKY MAN!! This as you know coult have been catastrophic or way worse than it was. Take the time to look at your wife and your kids if you have any and you will see what Im saying because this is exactly what I did after my first huge Cancer surgeries.

I also rode streetbike for 1 year and 1 year only because thats all it took for me to realize that I was safer on my sport machines on the dirt and it was more fun because I didnt have to grow extra eyes on the back of my head to watch what the dip$hi+ vehicle operators were doing. Get better and take your time it will take alot of sitting and relaxation.

Hey i hope everything works out sorry to here about the wreck. I will be putting a word upstairs for you and yours. God Bless Silvereagle1

Sorry to hear this but glad your still around. I ride every day and always wonder if/when some dumb ass cager is going to ruin my day. Hope you have a speedy recovery and the wife lets you back in the saddle again. :)

Prayers sent for a speedy full recovery. :)

I got road rash scars....but thank God I have never went down hard or had severe injuries.....I have wiped out on gravel a couple times and have hi sided a few times....had little old ladies pull out in front of me with a smile on their face.....had a car load of bruthas in a deuce pull into my lane and had to hi side into a corn field to keep from having a head on collision.....I traded my HD in for my current pickup....I'm retired. :)

heal quickly Bamm Bamm.

I went down on the 55 Fwy in SoCal at 55 mph after being hit by a lane changer. Somehow, only suffered a broken toe. Helmet, boots, jacket, and gloves saved me. Still riding.

Never thought of that since truckers claim to be the safest drivers on the road.

About 40 years ago they were and probably most considerate drivers on the road. Not saying there aren't drivers out there now with old school skills and attitude but the new "two week truck driving school wonders" are dangerous and rude as hell. That is if they didn't just buy a CDL in Illinois...then they qualify as road terrorists!!! :sad:

I have very fond memories or riding along a couple of trips with my step father in the early 70's. The man retired after about 50 years on the road as a Union driver and was a really good at it with zero accidents. I never saw an ounce of road rage or rudeness in his driving. You guys remember when it was a courtesy to flash your light at night when passing a semi on the interstate and they would flash back when you passed to get back over? I did that on a road trip this spring and the dude reached his arm out the window, flipped me off and threw a paper cup of coffee at me before I got around him...yea, I'm sure he has a certificate from the two week academy le truck driving.:LOL:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.