• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is anyone making a new base station

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
I'm curious if anyone like anytone are planning a new base station.
I for one would pay for bigger meters / display, knobs etc in a nice cosmetic package. Those old ranger based radios are decent but pretty dated and way overpriced for what they are honestly.
Which leaves us looking at someone else's hacked up ancient gear on eBay and hoping we don't get the all too prevelent dud.
For example I like my president Lincoln II + but trying to view that small display with incorrect old man glasses on doesn't exactly bring enjoyment. Makes me long for the Cobra 2000s / Uniden Madisons and Washington's and Realistic Navajo bases.

I was talking to my contact at Anytone a while back while trying to buy a prerelease Ares 2. (Ended up with a post release because they had to go through one more revision) I asked him if they could make a base station, and he said that they were working on one. But he could not give me a time line. So I suspect that it is in line behind the 6666/2 and 6666+ so maybe someday.

I was talking to my contact at Anytone a while back while trying to buy a prerelease Ares 2. (Ended up with a post release because they had to go through one more revision) I asked him if they could make a base station, and he said that they were working on one. But he could not give me a time line. So I suspect that it is in line behind the 6666/2 and 6666+ so maybe someday.
I'd certainly break open the piggybank for that. I mean anytones radios are quite capable as we know. It wouldn't take much with all this menu driven functionality to just big box a 6666/2 for example. I will keep hope alive lol.
a nice side effect is it might drive down those insane used prices for bases thus allowing more people to access the hobby and leaving some bits for the restoring guys to fiddle with.
As it is pricewise, I mean I love a Cobra 2000 but no.... just no.

Last edited:
I'm a old school guy 100%: 139XLR circa 1978, TX600 amp circa 1983, Drake W-4 circa 1966 (or so), Black cat freq counter circa 1989, etc, etc, ect. But if ANYTONE coughed up a 6666 base station I'd jump on it in a New York minute. The Quad6s I hear on the air sound incredible. But I like base radios, even if it is a mobile on the inside. So, I'll wait and hope.

I bought a new Galaxy DX 2547 a couple years ago but going to send it out to add a VFO and FM if I can find some one to do it. It's a nice radio but the feet they put on it are JUNK !
18 months ago I picked up a DX2547 for free. The outside looks almost mint but someone got their dirty little screwdrivers in it and messed it up pretty bad. Nothing broken, just screwed up. Yes, I got it free but spent well over 200 bucks to get it going. This radio sings now! I love this radio and will definitely be keeping it for the long haul. It's not without a down side. If I use it, it Needs at least 10 minutes or more to warm up.

18 months ago I picked up a DX2547 for free. The outside looks almost mint but someone got their dirty little screwdrivers in it and messed it up pretty bad. Nothing broken, just screwed up. Yes, I got it free but spent well over 200 bucks to get it going. This radio sings now! I love this radio and will definitely be keeping it for the long haul. It's not without a down side. If I use it, it Needs at least 10 minutes or more to warm up.
Dang dirty screwdrivers by unheeding idiots!!

When ranger came out with the rhf 618 I thought they were headed the right direction, touch screen big display, a decent brick power supply 2950 dx small footprint base radio, something new.
Then no more steps forward and back to the big rack mount chassis with everything.
If "someone" would put the latest programmable noise reduction board in a case, like the President Roosevelt/SS 4900 including all the features that the radio had originally......Superstar_4900.jpg

IDK I'm a bit partial to this display in a base. A bit like Icom lite. Think if you had switchable screens to like a full screen version of a VU meter looking like Icom has in top left.... sweet

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231010_231015_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231010_231015_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.