• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Is anyone making a new base station

Very nice. I seem to remember one like it a few years ago but they got bad reviews and vanished - I think those were a Ranger variant though.
*edit* I was totally wrong THIS is what I was thinking of, and the preceding radio is clearly miles ahead of this thing which looks like a attempt at a menu driven DX 2547/2950

Attachments

• Ranger_RHF-618_Base_Station_Med3.jpg
    Ranger_RHF-618_Base_Station_Med3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I run the big galaxy 2517 on my base, nice big meters, good receve stable and I find it quite fast for scanning through the 3 bands of 11 meter I run. If I had the extra cash I would bring home a 69 base for the 10 and 12 meter coverage as It is just an updated version of the same board. Good stability not like the old 99v an dx11b that would drift like sailboats.

I looked at buying one of those RHF-618 when they came out but never did. I don't know how many they sold but I don't think I've seen more than 1 for sale on the bay.
From that I would say those that did buy them must have liked them.
Of the 4 or 5 base radios I have, I find myself with mobiles hooked up to power supplies on the desk. I can get more of them hooked up.
I like the 2547 as well, I have 2 and they fit a desk with a little more space than the 696F-SSB or Saturn. The Cherokee doesn't take up much real estate either.
The Icom 735 and the Yaesu FT 450 are pretty small footprint as well, and looks pretty cool even though it gets poo poo'd here.
I would like to run one of the 457/458"s I bought, but the ones I bought working on the bay I guess meant they light up, so they just sit on the shelf.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
View attachment 65772I love my Ranger 2995 DXCF hooked up to my antron 99 and a M2 Delta desktop mic,Rock solid on SSB and pretty good on AM mode, although I use SSB 90 % of the time Bought mine from State Radio out of Florida!!!

73's
Your were definitely sounding great! I've been looking at the M2 Delta for a while but wasn't sure if I'd like it. I know now!!
That's a great pair up you have there.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Your were definitely sounding great! I've been looking at the M2 Delta for a while but wasn't sure if I'd like it. I know now!!
That's a great pair up you have there.
Thank you Brother Dx for the compliment,you sounded good also and it was great talking to you,do you still use your Galaxy 2547?? I always heard that they were a good quality radio............

73's

Thank you Brother Dx for the compliment,you sounded good also and it was great talking to you,do you still use your Galaxy 2547?? I always heard that they were a good quality radio............

73's
I do use it. I run the kl203 with it and it does a great job. The 2547 and Uniden Washington are my two CB base stations and both are keepers.

I had 2 Uniden Washingtons ( 3 button ) but wasn't so lucky with them. That's why I ordered the 2547 new from Bob's CB shop
I guess you can say I got lucky with my Washington. Bought it from someone who kept it in tip top shape. No mods, just a stock radio that works exceptionally well. I also got lucky with the 2547. Mainly because the tech I use has a lifetime of experience.

Last edited:
The Icom 718 is in the price range of the bigger base stations. The audio is better than a CB and the mic it comes with is very good. I have my presets programmed as the cb channels and can VFO all around when needed. The SSB is great and the AM is too after a few tweaks. Turn down the carrier and turn up the modulation limiter and it is hard to beat. I run my rack gear into the accessory port in the back, it's just like the "direct inject" mod on a cb.

The Icom 718 is in the price range of the bigger base stations. The audio is better than a CB and the mic it comes with is very good. I have my presets programmed as the cb channels and can VFO all around when needed. The SSB is great and the AM is too after a few tweaks. Turn down the carrier and turn up the modulation limiter and it is hard to beat. I run my rack gear into the accessory port in the back, it's just like the "direct inject" mod on a cb.

If I do that you'll have to babysit me as I know a little about CB tweaking but ham rigs....also doesn't that require a decent sized external power supply? Then there's the compatibility issue of all my old desk mics, sadelta, turner plus 3, d104 etc. Then there's the power output.
Isn't it too hot for a straight 4s input side?

If I do that you'll have to babysit me as I know a little about CB tweaking but ham rigs....also doesn't that require a decent sized external power supply? Then there's the compatibility issue of all my old desk mics, sadelta, turner plus 3, d104 etc. Then there's the power output.
Isn't it too hot for a straight 4s input side?
The adjustments inside the radio are trim pots just like a cb. Depending on where you get it from, you could have them do the 11m conversion and the adjustments. I believe I have mine powered by a 30A Megawatt supply. You can get an adapter cord made to use all your microphones. The power is adjustable on the front of the radio, I have mine turned down to 60W peak going into my Carl Built 4 pill. I get about 600W peak output. I have an external key line on the amp so I can key it and the radio at the same time with a push button box.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
The adjustments inside the radio are trim pots just like a cb. Depending on where you get it from, you could have them do the 11m conversion and the adjustments. I believe I have mine powered by a 30A Megawatt supply. You can get an adapter cord made to use all your microphones. The power is adjustable on the front of the radio, I have mine turned down to 60W peak going into my Carl Built 4 pill. I get about 600W peak output. I have an external key line on the amp so I can key it and the radio at the same time with a push button box.
I have a friend that runs the 718, bought it new from Gigiparts I believe, had them do the mars/cap mod. It sounds good on the air, it's even decent on AM all things considered.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.