• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Iso: 2 meter base antenna

I suck at home brew..just a fm 2m antenna...like a diamond omni..something similar..used. 5/8

What kind do u have?

A Comet GP-3. I can hit repeaters 30+ miles away from here.

DSCN0632.JPG

Well, not many people using simplex around here. I would guess base to base using about the same equipment maybe 10-15 miles based on past experience with simplex ops. I'm using an older IC-271A running a max out of 25 watts which is the same radio we had at the Navy MARS station WA4ZUA in Norfolk in 1987. Back then there was always someone to talk to on 2m SSB. With an 8 element yagi at 50' I could work stations in NC and MD regularly. Spring time tropo openings we could work up into PA and NY.

The base of the antenna in the pic is at about 25'.

Well, not many people using simplex around here. I would guess base to base using about the same equipment maybe 10-15 miles based on past experience with simplex ops. I'm using an older IC-271A running a max out of 25 watts which is the same radio we had at the Navy MARS station WA4ZUA in Norfolk in 1987. Back then there was always someone to talk to on 2m SSB. With an 8 element yagi at 50' I could work stations in NC and MD regularly. Spring time tropo openings we could work up into PA and NY.

The base of the antenna in the pic is at about 25'.

Then I need to get the antenna up about 50ft...I want long range simplex

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.