• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ISO: Oldpaint0

I just got the radio Wednesday, the 21st. Changing the address to the one you gave me in post #13. That's a different address than the one I had before. Are you having me ship it to the shop?

~Cheers~

I'm out of town visiting family for the holidays until Jan 1st so I haven't sent it yet. When I get back home it'll go out right away and I'll have a tracking number. :)

~Cheers~

Radio will be shipped tomorrow. Also sending back payment, since I had it for so long. I did get the SSB functional as it should be. Radio is doing stock power in all modes. Sorry about all the goofups!

~Cheers~

Reactions: 222DBFL
Now that is a sign of good people!! I know Exit13 works his arse off!! And he is only human. But obviously he isn't a rip off artist!! (y)(y);):)

Reactions: Hurricane95
Radio will be shipped tomorrow. Also sending back payment, since I had it for so long. I did get the SSB functional as it should be. Radio is doing stock power in all modes. Sorry about all the goofups!

~Cheers~
Hey Thirteen keep the money. I don't want you to work for nothing fellar. I am just proud to have found somebody that I can trust to repair my radios. Like I mentioned I still have my 2950dx I want to send you

Exit Thirteen, I received the radio yesterday and took it home and it is perfect. I used it all last night and got home today it's still spot on. That is all I want, someone who knows what they are doing and can fix my radios. I cannot thank you enough. I wish you would have kept the money for your valuable service. Let me know when I send the rci 2950dx bud.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I spent forever trying to fix the SSB issue... it turned out to be a bad bypass capacitor to ground on the emitter leg of the pre-driver transistor... a small disc cap. Very odd that a disc cap would fail in that application, but it failed in this case, and was shorted to ground, which caused the pre-driver to provide too much gain into the driver transistor, which then caused an oscillation issue. That has since been remedied, and SSB works as it should. That was partly why I had it so long.... I know that you didn't care about the SSB on it, but I'm the kind of person that refuses to send back a radio unless it's 100% operational. Drove me freakin' nutz. Anyhow, it's fixed and back to you, glad you are satisfied. :)

~Cheers~

Reactions: 222DBFL and tba02
I spent forever trying to fix the SSB issue... it turned out to be a bad bypass capacitor to ground on the emitter leg of the pre-driver transistor... a small disc cap. Very odd that a disc cap would fail in that application, but it failed in this case, and was shorted to ground, which caused the pre-driver to provide too much gain into the driver transistor, which then caused an oscillation issue. That has since been remedied, and SSB works as it should. That was partly why I had it so long.... I know that you didn't care about the SSB on it, but I'm the kind of person that refuses to send back a radio unless it's 100% operational. Drove me freakin' nutz. Anyhow, it's fixed and back to you, glad you are satisfied. :)

~Cheers~

holy crip-crap Exit13!!!

i HATE those types of repairs, but it's all i seem to get these days.

a bad bypass cap sending the pre-driver into full amp mode. sure wouldn't have been my first guess.
must've been a satisfying day when you finally told yourself to check and replace that one!

what happened to the days of people sending you a radio that they say doesn't work and it turns out to be a wire wiggled loose, or a blown reverse polarity diode.

i guess people are fixing those themselves now. LOL

nice job!
LC

~Cheers~
Exit Thirteen I tip my hat to you bud. I don't know what I would have done with that radio if it wasn't for you. It would probably be sitting on a shelf collecting dust never to be used again. Thanks to you though I am enjoying talking on it again. Thanks again.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.