• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

I've worked the world on 100 watts (or less)!!!!

359 is absoutly correct in his opening post. Given the crowed conditions on the legal "channels" 12 watts ssb is not likely to get you working very far. It could if the band was quiet, spread out more and you had operators who actually listened for weaker stations. Given what I have heard on there in past unless your running watts, big antenna and typical "cb" sound no one is going to want to "hear" you. Now move up to the freeband and the whole story changes.

Reactions: 1 person
359 is absoutly correct in his opening post. Given the crowed conditions on the legal "channels" 12 watts ssb is not likely to get you working very far. It could if the band was quiet, spread out more and you had operators who actually listened for weaker stations. Given what I have heard on there in past unless your running watts, big antenna and typical "cb" sound no one is going to want to "hear" you. Now move up to the freeband and the whole story changes.

.385 is a total mess when the band is up...basically the ch 6 of ssb. Moving up over 40 is a different story indeed. Its nice and quiet and easy to work the world with much less power. Although .425 has been kind of a mess lately.

i was told ,,,antenna antenna antenna,and conditions conditions..
and you guys were correct.
did it on 12 watt swing 3-4 times a week to canada and other places at the right time..talked 1500 miles on 1 watt a couple times.logged them all.
then added 500 more watts and go almost anywhere.
but its def easyer with a import 100-150 watt radio,and a lot more fun w/out that fire in the wire..but a lil juice is fun too at times.

see,if i would have listened months ago i would have saved some cash(y)

Reactions: 2 people
When the band is open, if you can't jump on the two channels above and below 38LSB and make a a few DX contacts swinging only 12 watts, your antenna is broken.

-305portable, Miami.

9A1UN - Croatia
S55T - Slovenia
LX7I - Luxembourg
9A5W - Croatia
PY4DBU - Brazil
V31MA - Belize
T48K - Cuba
PS2T - Brazil
9A8M - Croatia
S51TA - Slovenia
CR6T - Portugal
OK5R - Czech Republic
DK4WA - Germany
PX5E - Brazil
HK1NA - Colombia
AY2H - Argentina
EA5GMB - Spain

Here is a partial list of stations worked with 100 watts or less this weekend on a wire hanging from a tree 30' up. I was using 10 and 15 meters which is 28 and 21 mhz respectively. Bands were as crowed as any 11 meter channel can be. You can work the world on 100 or less, even on 11 meters if the other stations are listening.

Reactions: 4 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.