• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KLV-1000 - Junk - or not . . .

While on the subject I just want to see if I got it right. When they say input they mean how much juice it pulls from the power supply, and input times efficiency equals output. Is this correct?
Using an SB-200 as an example - The HV power supply will supply ~2000 v under load. The pair of 572b tubes work at ~.5 ma of plate current in tandem. That provides you with 1000 w input power. Add to the the wattage from the exciter - let's say 60 - upi get 1060 watts of input. At 65% efficiency you will get ~689 watts output.

While on the subject I just want to see if I got it right. When they say input they mean how much juice it pulls from the power supply, and input times efficiency equals output. Is this correct?

Yes. You take the loaded plate voltage and multiply it times the plate current and you get plate INPUT power. Multiply that times the efficiency and you get the power OUTPUT. Caveat:in order to determine efficiency you must first measure the power output and divide THAT by the power input. Knowing your amps efficiency is helpful when determining if something is wrong or when determining if the tube's emissions are going downhill as efficiency will suffer.

I am finding it very hard to not reference Spinal Tap right now! :)

Dang it, can't resist.
Maybe that is why some folks crank it up on 11 meters (get it? yeah booo!)

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.