• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lets be honest here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightOwl326

Nov 3, 2013
Not a complaint as such, or a judgement in regards to content, but lets be real about this forum, as for the most part it is a 11 meter forum, and as such, it is easy to tell that many with ham tickets spend plenty of time on 11 meters. How can one tell? Well just keep tabs on current posts, and where the activity lies.
Just an observation, that if one would take away posts in regards to 11 meters, and equipment operated in that band, there would be very little activity on this forum. Just an observation with no negative intent, so let the flaming, posting of useless videos and "mauldroppers" level comments begin........

Last edited:

This is a great forum.
We CB ops are thankful for the courtesy we receive here, including the willingness of the Amateurs who take so much time engaging the questions we ask here.
It is this willingness both here and in other similar places that has resulted in the growing Amateur ranks. At least that seems to be the consensus among those who found their way into Amateur radio from places like this.
Most can point to an Elmer who was patient. Many say they would not have done it without the decent treatment they received.

Thank you WWRF for sharing your love of radio all around.

Reactions: 10 people
Not a complaint as such, or a judgement in regards to content, but lets be real about this forum, as for the most part it is a 11 meter forum, and as such, it is easy to tell that many with ham tickets spend plenty of time on 11 meters.

I spend no time on 11m however I come from an 11m background and was on CB longer than I have been an amateur plus I have friends who are CBers but not hams.

What I do realise is how much more knowledge I've gained since and how much of what I thought was "fact" with CBs was far from it, especially when it comes to antennas or mobile installs. My god there's some utter shite going around in CB land when it comes to the most important part of the system.

I feel that given the enjoyment CB gave me over the years it is only right to give something back and to be honest, I kind of miss a lot of things about CB. I certainly remember it being more fun as I seem to have nothing but endless "5/9 73 QRZ?" contacts as a ham and very few conversations, plus it cost a shitload less for the gear. I would have thought someone was mad if they spent what I have on a HF transceiver before I became a ham.

Reactions: 9 people
I'm a ham, don't operate on 11 meters, just the once a month listening in to see if there is still activety here, ( mostly not) but did years of repairs when 11 meter was active here.

I don't differentiat between hams or 11 meter guy's, we all have fun in our part of the hobby, i'm mostly on 160 meters the other side of the spectrum.

For me it is just reading up here, help where i can, or just vent my opinion for what it is worth.
When i was a lot younger like 40 + years i dabbled a few years on 11 meters in AM/SSB but went for my license 37 years back, and went from there.

Honest enough? ;)

I have not been on 11m for about 25 years or more, about the same time i got my ham ticket. My posts are all over the forum including the CB section. If hams did not post in the CB section there would be a lot less good info passed along (and maybe a little less crap too ;)) . I am with the masses on this one as to the intent of the OP.

Reactions: 1 person
Just an observation with no negative intent, so let the flaming, posting of useless videos and "mauldroppers" level comments begin........

We have many members here that enjoy all types of radio, that is the common glue that sticks us all together here.
You will find that "most" of the members here do not want to waste time flaming, posting of useless videos and "mauldroppers" level comments, and the Admins here understand that and run the forum in such a way as to help insure the flow of good information without subjecting the members to content that they would rather live without.
When Mole took over the WWRF years ago, we all ( Mole and all of the Admins ) agreed that we would embrace all forms of radio including ham,cb,murs,frs, and other forms of radio without the bias that some of the other forums on the net were well known for.
Most of the older guys here started in Cb or other forms of radio....some have opted to move over to Ham radio, some have stayed with CB.

Ok, and to address the Mauldroppers thing.
There are some guys over on that forum that are just as committed to radio as some of us here.

They do allow content that we do not allow here, hey if that is how you want to roll the internet is a big place and you are free to view and participate as you please.
I am sure that are more than a few members here that frequent that forum, and most of them are more than happy to respect the guys on this forum and not bring unwanted content here....to all of them that do, Thanks.

All we ask is that members here respect the rules , do not post content that is not welcome here, and do not allow problems from other places to migrate here and keep burning.

The WWRF has actually been around a long time, the Owner and Administration here have kept this open forum going through lots of time and hard work, all for the goal of helping others learn, share, and encouraging its members to have fun playing radio.
Don`t matter if you want to play CB, or Ham....or if you are just looking for some help setting up some kind of radio for your family to stay in contact with.

Have a great day.

Jeff

Reactions: 6 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio