• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lets be honest here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of us Hams started out on CB. 11 Meters actually used to be a Ham band! It really just boils down to a couple of people having a conversation over the radio, no matter what that frequency might be.

Reactions: 2 people
wow

who cares if your a cber or ham. i think
we can all get along.and learn from one another.
there is enough hate in this world.we do not need more drama.

As I stated it is just an observation that there is little new activity in the Ham sections of this forum, but lots of activity in regards in regards 11 meters. And one can tell that Hams are using 11 meter equipment, or they would not need DTB to do repairs and alignments, since he does not work on Icoms, Yaesu and Kenwoods. Just an observation that Hams don't mind using non-type accepted (certified) equipment on 10 meters, such as Ranger, CRE and Texas Star products. Just interesting how much interest there is in 11 Meters and equipment used on that band by Hams who take a test and learn the laws. Don't get me wrong, I love 11 meters and cross all the lines I state above. Its just interesting....

Last edited:
What's wrong with using non type accepted equipment? You do realize that it is totally LEGAL to do so, don't you? When I was a kid starting out in amateur radio I used whatever I could get my hands on. I've used plenty of modified CB's. I still would if I was poor again.

I think there is plenty of ham activity on here. A good bit of info is obtained by lurkers that know how to search for what they need. I lurked here before I signed up.

Is there a specific solution you have in mind for the forum?

Reactions: 3 people
Is there a specific solution you have in mind for the forum?

No solution needed, just interesting how powerful 11 meters in regards to starting people in the radio hobby, and how once licensed the interest lives on. And without it, new Hams with limited income would have to pay much more for equipment that maybe they would never be able to afford. You know there are many Hams who turn there nose up at 11 meter operators, and at the same time they are running a Texas Star. Or how many Hams have their HF radios mars modded just to run on 11 meters, and hush up about the fact that they do.

Last edited:
Like many here I started on cb before getting my ham ticket and don't have a problem with either .I don't know about anyone else but for me a lot of the appeal of this forum is the mix of the uses. cbers ,hams and a few swls It all adds to the value of this forum.A better point might be how dull would it be without any particular group. Or for that matter without the dozen or so regulars( hams and cb seem to be equally represented)

if I have problems with hams, it's because of who they are, not what. same as the cb'ers I have a problem with.
jerks are jerks whichever band they talk on.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a complaint as such, or a judgement in regards to content, but lets be real about this forum, as for the most part it is a 11 meter forum, and as such, it is easy to tell that many with ham tickets spend plenty of time on 11 meters. How can one tell? Well just keep tabs on current posts, and where the activity lies.
Just an observation, that if one would take away posts in regards to 11 meters, and equipment operated in that band, there would be very little activity on this forum. Just an observation with no negative intent, so let the flaming, posting of useless videos and "mauldroppers" level comments begin........

From now on only ARS ticket holders can post in the amateur section of the forum and only CBers can post in the chicken band section. Will that help you?

Will that help you?
Help what? Help you to not read into posts intent that has nothing to do with what I am posting? Don't know how I could help you with that. Don't remember ever stating once a position of divisiveness. Must be your innate ability to read into something whatever you want to read into it. Go argue with your Wife, Girl Friend, "Significant Other" or "Life Partner", as I did not post because I wished to argue.

Last edited:
This thread has already outlived it`s usefulness, and is rapidly going down the drain.

As you have almost rewritten every post you have made in this thread so far, some several times, I will just pull the plug on it.
Oh and in case you can not read between the lines.
Ham vers CB threads on this forum do not last to long because they most often do not end well.
It is wasted space that is better utilized talking about radio.

Jeff

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio