• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

listen twice; talk once

Also know that the new RK56 mics are made by a cheap Chinese company. They certainly aren't like the Telex Turner ones!! Less components being used as well as cheaper ones! If you search the forum you'll see the stories about the new vs. old mics. The new ones from what others have said don't have the audio quality of the old ones. And the quality overall was just not even close!!
The mic I listed is a good one for a stock mic. Also looking around I came across this one that seems to be a decent one. The uniden BC645. Here is some info on them. Might have to buy one to try it out myself for the money they can't be that much of a loss if they don't work worth a hoot!! Anyhow, hope you get that RK56 mic working. Juat wanted to give some other options if that mic doesn't work out! Have a good one! And good luck getting that mic working.

Attachments

• IMG_3634.PNG
    IMG_3634.PNG
    164.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3635.PNG
    IMG_3635.PNG
    119.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3636.PNG
    IMG_3636.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 5
Also know that the new RK56 mics are made by a cheap Chinese company. They certainly aren't like the Telex Turner ones!! Less components being used as well as cheaper ones! If you search the forum you'll see the stories about the new vs. old mics. The new ones from what others have said don't have the audio quality of the old ones. And the quality overall was just not even close!!
The mic I listed is a good one for a stock mic. Also looking around I came across this one that seems to be a decent one. The uniden BC645. Here is some info on them. Might have to buy one to try it out myself for the money they can't be that much of a loss if they don't work worth a hoot!! Anyhow, hope you get that RK56 mic working. Juat wanted to give some other options if that mic doesn't work out! Have a good one! And good luck getting that mic working.
Hey thanks 222bdfl, yeah, it was a used one, i emailed the seller and she said it was a telex and talked good. Funny tho, the plastic was stamped telex, but when i took the cover off the wire colors were right but not the same terminals as mine on the switch, looked like someone was in there by the "solder" joints. Tape on the crod going into the mic, and a gob of solder on the strain coupling @ the connector. Ill take the connector down and check pin colors..........who knows, coulda swapped the switch, cord, connector, or put a telex case on it, ill git er done, man. This is why i hate ebay, no integrity in the world anymore!! Ill post up and let u know. 73Rds & golden words

Reactions: 222DBFL
Hey guys, have been watching and reading a lot of threads on here.....question on antenna setup. Referring to the thread on antenna analyzers, and x=0, swr......im wondering if itsgonna be necessary for me to invest in an analyzer. Im going to be installing a sirio 5000 as ive talked to some of yiu about, and since all ive got is an old 3 window micronta, will that be good enuff for setting up the surio? While im no antenna xpert i still totally get the importance of a good match, esp when the geo metro im installing on wont be " target rich" as relates ground plane. That being said.......there was a lot to be considered in the thread i was reading in terms of grounding shield, and so on. Some of the talk seemed to be centered on hi power ssb/ham use;and slightly overkill, but im still online with most of the setup details. Its a little beyond me when we start going into " jones charts", beyond my present level. But still understand the basic idea. Main point is, will tuning the sirii withwhat ive got make the grade, should i use a specific length coax, or invest in a better meter. Suggestions on some basic reading material in terms of antenna, radio theory and repairwould be cool. Miles of good stuff here guys, but im losing sleep at night, learning tons, but pay the next day!!!!!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.