• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lunar Eclipse

It was pretty neat. Nice clear sky here. I would've got some pictures, but my tripod was elsewhere.

My only complaint was the temperature was around 0°F or maybe a bit below. Summer time would've been much better, as I'd have been outside for the whole event.

It was cold and the air was very clear here. The images were great unfortunately there was a lot of high clouds that kept moving rapidly past.That along with the fact that I am in the east made the peak of it after midnight here and I needed to get up at 6:30am for work.:angry:

It was partly cloudy here.........carbon copy as like QRN. But still got chance to see earth cast it's shadow,not much in red or orange color though.
Overall pretty cool.

Last edited:
You noticed that too do you novakor? I saw almost no differance in color.Perhaps it is because of the winter here and there tends to be less dust here now. I remember seeing a lunar eclipse when the moon turned yellow,then brown,and finally a dusty red color. Kinda freaky.

There was a medical-type guy on TV - quite a large guy, who specialized in urinary problems...what did they call him - oh yeah! A Meaty Urologist! :thumbdown::(

Anyway, this meteorologist :glare: had said it would be cloudy - but he was rwong! It was nice and clear. I took my 'scope up to the school parking lot and set it up. A lot of the kids who don't want to come to school during the day showed up to see "Mister Bailey's telescope". Perfect time to show them a bunch of other things they might not otherwise ever know about. We got the Orion nebula, Pleiades, Crab Nebula -- quite a few good glimpses.

Most of these kids are 4th through 6th graders, and I think I may have sparked some scientific curiosity. Hope so!

I heard about that. Did they ever determine if it actually hit the earth and if so where? I heard conflicting reports about whether it did or not.
an airplane pilot says he seen it hit the ground and scientist are out looking for it now but they say chances of finding it are slim.
it was 5.30 am when i seen it. startled me pretty good. it looked to me like it was right in front of me and turned the night into daylight for a second. it had a long tail with bright green sparks flying off of it. coolest thing ive seen in a while.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.